Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can two people with totally different beliefs stay together?.. feeling a little uneasy today, watched Food Inc. last night. PIOG

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:02 PM
  • 7 Replies

so that movie upset me, made me wanna become a vegitarien.. can't even spell it. if you haven't seen it it's a documentary about what they're putting in our food nowadays that they don't want us to know about.. how they treat the animals and the workers and farmers.. it was awful and really depressing.. but everyone should see it. it made me wanna change what i eat and what i'm feeding my kids BIG TIME, but s/o is so stuck on the food he eats and he's really picky, and he just doesn't care what they're doing to those animals or what those people have to go through for us to have that crap that gives us diseases and makes us fat and gives us early puberty and makes us terribly unhealthy..  he said last night during the movie that it's personal responsibility.. that people could choose not to eat those foods, but if i said that i wanted to change what we eat tomorrow, he'd just tell me to goto hell, so where's my personal choice in that? and i can't even begin to understand how he thinks like that, because (and i know this from personal experience) even if your parents raise you on nothing but organic healthy foods.. when you get older you will eat whatever you want, and it will cause health problems, especially because your body isn't used to it.. and if that food was not there to eat than that wouldn't happen. It is not personal responsibility, we rely on the people who make our groceries for us to keep us from harm and they are doing the complete opposite.. upsets me really bad.. when i went to bed after that movie last night i cried, i felt so bad for those poor animals.. and the story about the womans little 2 year old boy who died within twelve days of eating a burger from E- Coli all because the evil food industries refuse to feed their cows anything but CORN!! THAT'S INSANE!! :((

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
nikkiJ86
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:14 PM

I don't see the big deal in that. You can buy the foods that you want for you and your child and buy him whatever it is that he wants.

ejedwards00
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:37 PM

I am so glad you watched it! EVERYONE needs to watch it! it really opens your eyes..  Just slowly start introducing new healthier options... it may take a while (my hubby threw a fit at first)  but eventually your whole family will enjoy the healthier stuff..  if he says it is tasteless..tell him.."no , thats what real food is supposed to taste like!"   :)  i know that just from eating better i have lost 12 pounds..:)

Rhiannon1988
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:38 PM

the thing about that is the kids are gonna want what he's eating cause it will probably taste better and that's what they're used to...

Quoting nikkiJ86:

I don't see the big deal in that. You can buy the foods that you want for you and your child and buy him whatever it is that he wants.

ejedwards00
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:45 PM

that's when i would go grocery shopping alone without him.. the kitchen is your resposibility anyway..:)

Quoting Rhiannon1988:

the thing about that is the kids are gonna want what he's eating cause it will probably taste better and that's what they're used to...

Quoting nikkiJ86:

Lovemybrayden
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:21 PM

Quoting ejedwards00:

that's when i would go grocery shopping alone without him.. the kitchen is your resposibility anyway..:)

Quoting Rhiannon1988:

Quoting nikkiJ86:

Ummmm why would the kitchen be her responsibility? That is not going to work going and just doing what she wants. That's not exactly working together in the deal and not working together is going to just end up in a fight. And I don't know many married or couples that don't consider the kitchen duties a group effort not one person's responsibility. Try looking into making more of your meals together with the same things you usually eat but with more home town farm grown produce. And for the meat ordeal....if your husband want a hamburger then make him a hamburger and make you and your little one a veggie  burger.....it all give and take. If this really bothers you and you feel very strongly about a change in the way you and your family eats like one of the other mommies said, start slowly and introduce healthier things a little at a time. Make a list of all the things that you and your family eat, and see what kind of healthy alternative you can make or something that is the same thing but done in a healthier and safer way. Do your research and see what you can do to make you and your husband happy.......I have not seen this movie but I have been told all about it by my friend. It also freaked me out just from what she said. I hope you find something that will work for your family.......

ejedwards00
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:55 PM

Quoting Lovemybrayden:

Quoting ejedwards00:

Quoting Rhiannon1988:

Quoting nikkiJ86:

Ummmm why would the kitchen be her responsibility? That is not going to work going and just doing what she wants. That's not exactly working together in the deal and not working together is going to just end up in a fight. And I don't know many married or couples that don't consider the kitchen duties a group effort not one person's responsibility. Try looking into making more of your meals together with the same things you usually eat but with more home town farm grown produce. And for the meat ordeal....if your husband want a hamburger then make him a hamburger and make you and your little one a veggie  burger.....it all give and take. If this really bothers you and you feel very strongly about a change in the way you and your family eats like one of the other mommies said, start slowly and introduce healthier things a little at a time. Make a list of all the things that you and your family eat, and see what kind of healthy alternative you can make or something that is the same thing but done in a healthier and safer way. Do your research and see what you can do to make you and your husband happy.......I have not seen this movie but I have been told all about it by my friend. It also freaked me out just from what she said. I hope you find something that will work for your family.......

lol..um ya thats also me..i said both of thes things..anyway..guess im more traditional, my hubby supports me , and i take care of the food..im a stay at home mom...so it is my resposibility

Lovemybrayden
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:36 PM

I am also I SAHM.....We just feel it's better for us to do it together when it comes to doing everything like food choices because we always end up fighting over something silly. Of course everyone is different on how they life their life, I am more of a person to want my hubby to do his fair share because I go to school and take care of kids and take care of house, do yard work, do the garden, take care of dog...list goes on and on lol.. when he is at work, and I feel that if the kids are alive when he gets home then I have done my job and he should help..lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)