Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i think i may be the worst mom in my family :(

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:07 AM
  • 11 Replies

so today my DD was throwing a huge fit
and i looked at her and im like
this cant be my life
and this cant be my daughter
i feel like a bad mom
my sister say that she felt the same when she was a single mom
but it dont feel right to me
and i love my daughter she is my life
and iv felt like shit ever since then
is it normal to feel like this?
or am i really a bad mom?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WLJ23
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:15 AM

So...you got frustrated and had a little moment. That doesn't make you a bad mom. Maybe you just need a little break, do you have family that can keep your daughter for a few hours one day so you can relax and de-stress? Maybe that will help you feel better :)

DeathBat
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:24 AM

kids throw fits over the silliest things. it's just how they are.. you're not a bad mom.. (:

amber710
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:59 AM

It isnt bad to feel that way as long as you dont allow your child to pick up on it. You dont want her to learn that the world is a bad place and mom is an unhappy person.

Make sure you pay tons of attention when she does good things and no attention when she throws tantrums so she learns that good behavior is the way to get to you!

keaton10
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:31 AM

You have good day's and bad days. Your not a bad mom. Just when you feel like that go in another room and take a little breather.Everything will be ok! Just remember you do love your daughter. She's young she's gonna throw fits for no reason at all. But good luck hunny!

fairymom2316
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:51 PM

You are not a bad mom, all moms feel like that sometimes.

LilGina
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:55 PM

its normal I feel like that all the time

lillady398
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 2:12 AM

I feel like that alot due to the fact that kids can somtimes get on your nerves. It doesn't make you a bad parent, it makes you human.

Rhiannon1988
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 2:23 AM

can't say i follow this advice all the time, but i agree with it..

it's normal what you're feeling. i have felt that way several times. you'll feel it less and less as she gets older.

Quoting amber710:

It isnt bad to feel that way as long as you dont allow your child to pick up on it. You dont want her to learn that the world is a bad place and mom is an unhappy person.

Make sure you pay tons of attention when she does good things and no attention when she throws tantrums so she learns that good behavior is the way to get to you!

carliemarie1015
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 11:25 AM

kids throw tantrums, and momma's get frustrated...it's just part of being a parent.

you're not a bad mom. maybe you need a few hours to yourself for a little bit....wind down and relax and do something for you.

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:22 PM

you get like that sometimes. There are days when I want to set my kids outside and forget about them. I love them but they drive me nuts, I get frustrated, and sometimes I want to go do something and be carefree. I want to be spontaneous but can't. If it's too hot that day I can't take lil one out because he overheats so easy. I have to make sure we are back in the house by 7:30 so that I can have them bathed and in bed by 8. Have to make sure they are both rested and fed before we leave. And lil one is exclusively breastfed so most things have to be done within a couple of hours so I can get somewhere to nurse him and have my soon to be 2 year  old in check.

It doesn't make you a bad mom. It makes you human.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)