Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why wont my mom love my son??

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:28 AM
  • 10 Replies

when i was 17 i got pregnant with a guy my parents didnt like cuz he was 22 at the time (their only reason for not liking him was the age difference). anyway my mother too tried to convince me to have an abortion. she had sent me to a private catholic school as a kid and was taught that abortion was a sin! so she was a complete hiopcrit on her part. well eventually i moved in with my bf. i come from a big family i have a twin sis and a 12 yr old brother. my parents have always been extreme and go on and on about the dumbest stuff when i was a kid like if i said a bad word they would drop wuteverr they were doing and flip the f*cuk out. then if i tried to apologize they wouldnt forgive me. ive always felt like the black sheep in my family so i became rebellious. so that just fueled the fire and they tried to convince the doctors i was bipolar. well now im 22 and my son is almost 4. he doesnt know any of my family because my parents are such a-holes and convinced the rest of the family that i am now a loser with a kid. my mother is a control freak. she always had to have the best of everything....nicest house, car, job, schools, and to her i ruined her "vision" for me. i didnt live the life the way SHE wanted me to. so i havent seen them and my son has never met them and has no clue who they are. my son has all this famly out there that wants nothing to do with him becaus my mom is such a witch. she alweays emails me occasionally and tells me she thinks about me everyday.....and im like wtf if u do then pick up the damn fone and call me ?? she has my number as i write it in almost every email to her. she claims she needs time....since she and the family have been "damaged" by my actions. shes so weird. it used to bother me alot but im almost numb to it now. i think about them often. my own twin sis wont even accept me as a friend on facebook she declines my friend request she is a major B herself. ive got my bf;s family but its not the same and his mom i was the closest too and she died before my son turned 2. i dont want to give up on my family but what should i do about my mom? why doesnt she wana be a grandma? im 22 now, an adult and she still treats me like a kid and like crap. my son didnt do anything...wtf is her problem?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ashpatch
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:31 AM

BUMP!

sosodefdef2ur
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:49 AM

I completely understand where you are coming from. I posted about my family awhile ago and them not excepting my pregnancy. I havent even spoken to my mother in 5 months and she's managed to make everyone else think Im a horrible person. Mind you my hubby and I are both in the military, I havent lived at home since I was 17, Im 20 now. Its hard to deal with exspecially since I wont have anyone there for the birth of my first in november. He's famly is supportive but like you said its not the same. I think we need to stay strong and if your own famliy cant see that your child is a blessing then thats their loss.

Im here for you if you ever need to talk! hugs

bamababe1975
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:21 PM

Whatever the problem, it's her problem, and her great loss.
hugs

DeathBat
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:26 PM

couldnt have said it better myself! i say screw her!

Quoting bamababe1975:

Whatever the problem, it's her problem, and her great loss.
hugs

MovalMomsADMIN
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:29 PM

honestly i think you should play their game... they just want to act important.. so act important back. get them mad. i would be having so much fun with this... next email she writes be like oh i changed my number btw i would give it to you but since you never call its a waste of time... and just keep going from there... oh i think of you every day... oh thats funny cause i dont. talk about how your son loves his aunts uncles cousins grandparents from your husbands side because of all the stuff they do together. tell her that she can also stop emailing you and not to worry that you wont mind if  she stops... they know its hurting you and as long as it does they will keep going.,. its their way of getting you back.

Nena09alc
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:36 PM

i know what you mean with the extreme parents, but they have gone over board. My mom has always taught me to be close with my family however, my dad is the complete opposite, he cant even remember his siblings birthdays.

the best thing i can tell you is that family is basically people but closer, you can never run out of chance with them and they shouldnt with you either. however in the end they are people, so your free to just leave them out of your life and your sons if they don't want to be there for you guys. i know its hard but you need to move on, if you can not please them with the things you have accomplished in your life, its better to just leave them alone. maybe one day she will come around but obviously not now, so be happy continue on with your life cause if shes not being considerate of you then why should you be considerate of her?hugs

Nena09alc
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Quoting MovalMomsADMIN:

honestly i think you should play their game... they just want to act important.. so act important back. get them mad. i would be having so much fun with this... next email she writes be like oh i changed my number btw i would give it to you but since you never call its a waste of time... and just keep going from there... oh i think of you every day... oh thats funny cause i dont. talk about how your son loves his aunts uncles cousins grandparents from your husbands side because of all the stuff they do together. tell her that she can also stop emailing you and not to worry that you wont mind if  she stops... they know its hurting you and as long as it does they will keep going.,. its their way of getting you back.

HAHAHA this girl is SO BAD *SS, i agree try doing this!!

youngmm
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:40 PM
I dont agree with this. It doesnt seem right. Personally, i would just cut all ties..there's a reason why you guys havent had a relationship since you became pregnant with your son. Its such a sad situation..but seems like there's not much to do. Just know that they will miss out on some much..and you wont.

Quoting MovalMomsADMIN:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetpea1217
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:39 PM

Quoting MovalMomsADMIN:

Reverse phycology always works for me 99% of the time from what i've known from experience. I'd try it if I were you.

Jmama2011
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM

I kind of know where youre coming from. Its not my entire family but my dad's side and DF's mom. My Dad has always resented me because Im not a boy. I have an older sister and since my mom got her tubes tied after me he hates the fact that I was born a girl. Our relationship has always been strained. Now that Ive  told him Im pregnant things have gotten worse. At first he just wouldn't acknowledge my pregnancy. It was frustrating but I could deal with it. Now he has started to be just miserable towards me and my pregnancy in general. I went over to my parents house today and my dad is sitting in the living room heres the conversation we had before he went out to his garage to hide

Me: Hi Dad!

Him: Oh look (pointing to my stomch) the bastard is starting to show itself

Me: What is your issue? That's your grandchild youre talking about

Him: My issue is that you're a no good whore just like your cousin. Both of you should learn to keep your legs closed. If it weren't for sluts like you who get pregnant then do nothing to raise the child right there wouldn't be so much crime in the world.

After that he went to his garage but I still cant believe he said what he did. His side of the family is just like him. I cant be around him because they all insult me and put me down constantly. As for DF's mom she will openly acknowledge my pregnancy and she doesnt treat me like complete shit but she wont respect me. She refuses to stop smoking around me and is always asking me to do things like move heavy furniture or climb up onto very unsteady ladders. If i did what she wanted me to instead of having DF do it the lifting may be harmful for the baby or I could take a serious fall.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)