Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP, I bleached my hair and it's terrible, EDIT WITH PIC

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:57 PM
  • 14 Replies

So as you may know I have dyed black hair, I wanted a change so I decided to get an at home bleach kit, I went with clairol nice and easy born blonde maxi.  I put it on and left it in for 3 hours and still my hair was just orange so I tried it again and here are pics of what it looks like now.  Now should I continue to try and bleach it or can I dye over it since it's pretty light?  And if I can what color would you recommend?  THANKS!!

So I dyed over that orange color with a dark brown, some of the orange still shows, but here it is for now. I'll be redying it again in a few weeks.

Ashley, Momma To Dallas and Wife To Howard

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ramblermama
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:58 PM
Dont bleach it again you"ll fry your hair
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma_2b_2010
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:00 PM

omg the same thiing happend to me!:/

but i had bark brown hair not black,

i tried dying it 2 more times to try and get it blonde. and it didnt work!!! :(

so for my bday my cousin took me to a salon and the guy said the only thing he could do without ruining my hair is give me highlights. so thats what we did.

never dying my hair blonde by myself again! lol

youngmomx2
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:31 PM

my hair does the same thing cause i have strawberry blond hair naturally but keep it dark and every time i bleach it  it pulls the red tint and makes it orange go to a sallys beauty store if you have one in your town and talk to one of the managers and ask for a lightening kit with a color devolper ahh cant think of the right word tell them you want to get rid of the orange they will be able to help you

LancesMom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:51 PM

I don't think it looks that bad actually!

LilGina
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:54 PM

you need to get it stripped in a salon which is expensive

MKSers
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:22 PM

I don't think it looks that bad either.  I would hold off on keep bleaching coloring it.  My best friend used to bleach all the time, and man her hair was fried!

arianaxangel23
by on Jul. 17, 2010 at 8:10 PM

BUMP!

cheffiecms
by on Jul. 17, 2010 at 8:13 PM

The type of bleach they put in those dyes isn't strong enough if your hair is dark, or has any red tint to it. You need to get some type of powder bleach, I think you can buy it from a beauty supply store. I don't think I have ever seen it in a regular store like the grocery or walmart. It's cheaper than getting it done at a salon. 

2callmemom09
by on Jul. 17, 2010 at 8:19 PM
This happens to me too, so after going to beauty school for a while I learned that you need a developer to mix into your bleach. They come in different strengths, so ask which you need! Good luck. And I would never suggest anyone try to "box" bleach their hair, it almost always turns into a nightmare!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Whitney_Lynn
by on Jul. 17, 2010 at 8:37 PM

When going from black you need to use blue bleach it is in powder form and you mix it with developer. you can purchase it at any beauty supply store and usually doesn't cost more than $20. I dye my hair on a constant basis and i find that i get the best blonde experience with using blue bleach. I would hate however a few weeks before attempting to dye it again. Much love and good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)