Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

he cant get a job

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:02 PM
  • 9 Replies

ugh he has tried everything and my bf cant get a job...he doesnt have a good track record with jobs and has a slight record (no felonies) we live in wi and are doing ok but we could use another income...any ideas We also would love it to be a night job but ughhhh

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
momof3jam
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:05 PM
I have a college degree, no criminal record, and a good track record of employment, and I haven't been able to find a job in a year and a half.

Sorry I don't have any advice, other than just keep trying. It will happen eventually.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MKSers
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:16 PM

My stepson has been looking for a job for 6 months. It is horrible around here. They have been getting by with donations from church. I don't think they will make it another month.  May end up in a shelter.  So just count your blessing!  I hope he finds something for your families sake!

BrooklynnsMomy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:17 PM

what abotu being a bouncer at a night club...i know its only weekends and probably not the greatest, but its in pocket cash no taxes under teh table

mom2ljh
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Has he applied to deliver pizzas?  Work at McDonald's?  Taco Bell?  KFC?  Any kind of fastfood?

Nicolle_09
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:21 PM

SO and I are in the same boat here in Oregon.  He has a bad track record with jobs and has been arrested for carrying a concealed weapon (he had a seizure and ended up leaving his backpack at a store and walking off in a daze the cops found it and found a knife when he went back to claim it they arrested him even though he told them what happened and that he needed to go to the hospital.  They never let him be seen by any medical professional and he is thinking about sueing them. )  Needless to say its a crappy economy all over.  Just keep looking for a job for him and keep your head up.

lilmizzie27
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 4:46 PM

can he get unemployment? You could probably apply for Food Stamps and Cash Assistance until he or you can get a job.

LilGina
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 4:51 PM

Yea its tough We are lucky my hubby got a degree and something that hasnt been affected by the ecomomy

Quoting momof3jam:

I have a college degree, no criminal record, and a good track record of employment, and I haven't been able to find a job in a year and a half.

Sorry I don't have any advice, other than just keep trying. It will happen eventually.

kaytee1202
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 7:19 PM

HE GOT ONE TODAY!!! yay im jumping up and down haha....its not like a dream job...or a lifer job lol kmart but its something...and we will take anything

MomToBe6
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 7:48 PM

maybe he should try something hard like a security job but make sure his pee is clean cuz no for some jobs they do a back round checka nd drug test

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)