Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

My 6 month old will not stop crying, please help!

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:07 PM
  • 3 Replies

So for the last few weeks my 6 month old son will constantly cry between feedings(breastfeeding and solid foods), sure there are times when he isn't crying or fussing but the majority of the time he will not stop. I put him in his jumperoo, 5 minutes later (or sooner) he's crying. If I leave him in the bouncer for a second to grab something to eat he cries, put him in his bumbo... doesn't help, pick him up and try to give him toys... doesn't help, rocking him.. nope. No matter what I do, he won't stop. I don't think he's teething because he's been doing this for a while now. Everything that used to help, doesn't anymore. If he's crying and we try to hold him to comfort him, including me and my husband(his father) it doesn't help. I don't know what to do anymore. And to make things worse, I am traveling with just me and my 6 month old next friday at the airport. We will be at the airport for a while, and I am terrified that he will be unconsolable and there won't be a thing I can do for him. I don't know what to do to comfort him or to make him stop. It almost seems like he fights taking naps, when he gets tired is when he does it the most. But still in between times it still doesn't stop. Please help!

by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
cortneybaby
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:12 PM

my little one who is 8 months now did the same thing... it was teething i thought she might be sick or something but sure ebough 2 weeks later there were teeth! try some orajel on his gums and some tylenol if he just seems really upset i try not to giver mine tylenol but sometimes thats your last resort :) it gets better i promise! good luck!!!!

armywife54
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Hey, thanks! He has been chewing on his fingers a lot in the last few weeks and drooling like crazy.

LilGina
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 2:02 PM

I would make a dr apt just to have him looked over also what solids is he eating maybe something isnt agreeing with his stomach you say you are BFing do you drink caffeine or eat alot of chocolate or drink OJ those things can upset babies bellys to

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN