Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms who go to school...

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:50 PM
  • 17 Replies

I am a college student. I work my butt off for a lot of things, like the A i currently have in my psychology class and my B I have in my communications class. I want SOMEONE to tell me i'm doing the right thing! I need to hear it! I am 9 months pregnant... due ANY day now... married and living with my parents for right now.. just got an apartment and too much stress to move while being this pregnant. I just want to say how proud i am to all the other moms and soon-to-be's like me who are trying their best to finish school and be their best for their families! GREAT JOB! don't give up!!! We can do it, we just need support from our family and friends! It is nice to hear it so i'm here to tell ya! <3 keep up the good work Ladies! <3

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
love741
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:12 PM

your securing your familys future...., there's nothing better you could be doing for yourself, and your babies

wtg!!

im 25 and just went back to get my BA this year..., man is it hard, but it will be well worth it in the long run.., you cant make the big bucks if you dont have the knowledge!!

Shy_Dia
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:14 PM

i agree! keep up the good work! i'm in school. i would've graduated in Dec, but i failed ONE class and had to retake it- so it pushed my gradation date back by 3 months.... but thats alright, b/c my inital goal was to graduate before DS went to kindergarten and i'm still on track! i dont get the support/WTG's from my family, so its nice to hear/read it on here. :-)

lilmami316
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:16 PM

BUMP!

firstimemommy21
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Keep it up !!!

Your baby and yourself will have a much less stressful life but most important you are proving a great example/role model for your baby . Life isn't easy but if you really want something you will get it ;) God Bless you and your baby !

bjones2552
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:59 PM

Keep it up girl! You're goin to school to get a better job for you and your family. Just hang in there and keep up the good work!

MommySteph06
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Yep! We all need to hear it. I'm in nursing school full time with three LO's (all under four years old).

We can do it! We rock!  :)

kristina90
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:05 PM

Youre doing a great job! I have a 3 year old and am graduating from college in feb. Its really hard work. I will be 20 next month and its always a struggle. There are times when i want nothing more after my daughter goes to bed and finals are submitted than to have a drink before my next classes start (usually only have 24 hours between classes finishing and new classes starting) so its a constant effort. I am at my parents now while my fiance is in afghanistan. If my dad hadnt invested in a hot tub that i can destress in i donno what i would do

KA91
by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 11:02 PM

First off, WAY TO GO SCHOOL MOMS! Most of us definitely don'y get enough praise and encouragement, because nobody else can know how hard this is!!!! Posts like this are why I love this site. When I got pregnant in high school, people who had known me and praised my academics my whole life would ask "Are you going on with school?" Of course! Now, I not only have to secure my own future, but my daughter's as well. And she deserves the absolute best in the world! Together, I think successful young parents can help remove the stigma. It's not necessarily a good thing, and it's not glamorous, but having a baby young doesn't doom you to a life of despair if you don't let it!

ambermarie2006
by on Oct. 1, 2010 at 12:25 AM

Keep up the good work! I'm in my 1st year of med school with 3 kids, and its a lot of work!

KA91
by on Oct. 2, 2010 at 11:58 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)