• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stubborn 3 year old.. help!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:47 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have a 3 year old daughter and an almost 1 year old (he will be 1 in 2 weeks.) anyways my 3 year old has such a bad attitude, I'm afraid my 1 year old will pick up this behavior. My daughter kicks screams throws fits etc when she doesn't get her way. She been potty trained for a while and lately shes been peeing and pooping in her underwear (only guess for this one is that she thinks since bubba does it she can)... When we told her to give bubba the ball back (since he had it first) she got mad and threw it at his head... When we send her to her room she throws stuff at the door and hits the door. Anyways, I've tried taking toys away,taking tv privilages away, taking her tv out of her room, time outs, making her stand in the cornor NOTHING is working! I need more ideas and fast before I go crazy! :(

I'm a stay at home mommy who uses tough love. I had my daughter at 34 weeks weighing 5 lbs 1 oz... My son was born at 35 weeks weighing 6 lbs 5 oz. I'm married to my highschool sweetheart.. Who happens to be a truck driver. I speak my mind... But all that matters is my kids are happy and healthy.... Thats what makes me a good mommy :)
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ambiibooxo
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:58 PM
Im having the same problem wit my 3 yr old son...i cant find anything to work either...im sry I cant help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Sorry that's just 3 for you. My son is the same way and his brother(21 months) is picking up on things unfortunately. Consistency is key!

stephy459
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:50 PM
I'm having the same problem good luck momma hang in there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shelbylynn916
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 1:58 PM

I know what u mean i started having my 13 month old around his almost 2 cousin and now my son screeches when he wants something they do it back and forth at each other i can tell them to stop countless times but the older one won't so my son see's it as ok. they sound like dinosaurs when they do this

kimmaylove013
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 2:27 PM

IVE BEEN HAVING THIS SAME PROBLEM THATS WHAT I LOGGED INTODAY TO GET ADVISE ABOUT!  Only my Son is 3 1/2 and my Daughter only 7 months she gets hurt alot in his fits of not getting his way and just plain old doesnt want to listen... everytime there is a struggle i feel like I could cry its getting so bad. I cant seem to get him to understand that sometimes mommy needs him to do things or not do things for his saft or hers... He decided he was going to throw the remote controle to mommy the other day when I told him just bring it to me, he acteded like he was going to throw it and even tho i said No throwing, he tosses it... and his poor sister was standing up at the coffee table... ends up getting A BLACK EYE! I was so MAD/UPSET... ive tried everything, talking to him, time outs, spanking the hiny... nothing works for me anymore!

and he has started the pooping and peeing thing in his pants, they say not to disaplin for "mistakes" but what if its not a mistake! its not every time but when he does it, it feels like its on perpous...

they only thing that seems to work is threatening to "call daddy" but then that just underminds the fact that he needs to listen to mommy as well.

I hope you get some advise from other mommies on here! im going to read through and see if anything sounds helpful! Its a little nice to hear im not the only one going through a similar thing.

JayBearsmomma
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 8:54 PM

my son turned 3 in May and started this same crap. i nipped it in the bud. He learned really quick i was not putting up with his attitude. When he throws fits i completly ignore him until he gets to tired to cry any more, then when he is done i say r u done yet and we talk about what ever issue he was having. When he gets out of control like the other week he said he needed help going potty and i said u r a big boi u know how to pee. well he peed on the kitchen floor and i busted his ass and i guarentee he wont do it again. ( for everyones info there were no marks left on him he was not spanked in an abusive way he was more upset that he was in trouble.) i believe in spanking an if you dont then dont do it. but what i do works for me and my son is very respectful and we have gotten to the point where if he starts to fuss all i have to do is tell him to stop and use his words and we dont have any tantrums. i hope everything works out.

chris200709
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 9:01 PM
totally agree with you there!

Quoting JayBearsmomma:

my son turned 3 in May and started this same crap. i nipped it in the bud. He learned really quick i was not putting up with his attitude. When he throws fits i completly ignore him until he gets to tired to cry any more, then when he is done i say r u done yet and we talk about what ever issue he was having. When he gets out of control like the other week he said he needed help going potty and i said u r a big boi u know how to pee. well he peed on the kitchen floor and i busted his ass and i guarentee he wont do it again. ( for everyones info there were no marks left on him he was not spanked in an abusive way he was more upset that he was in trouble.) i believe in spanking an if you dont then dont do it. but what i do works for me and my son is very respectful and we have gotten to the point where if he starts to fuss all i have to do is tell him to stop and use his words and we dont have any tantrums. i hope everything works out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)