Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

N0 sleep

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:49 AM
  • 28 Replies
well another night of no sleep for me my dd has been up every hr if nt before!! its been like this for nearly 3 months.. same stuff EVERY night.. she wont let her daddy get her in the middle of the night she screams!!!! so its just me doing it! im exhausted all i want is 2 hrs of no sleep! ive tried takin and hour nap when my so is off work but it doesnt last 15 minutes before he brings me a crying baby.. she is a HUGE momma's girl & i cant walk in the nxt room without her crying!! this sucks! :( she's worse than a newborn!!
and i have to rock her for like 45 min to get her to sleep.. then as soon as i lay her down she wakes up so i have to try laying her down like 3 times.. she is a very light sleeper. if she hears you breath she wakes up! she fights sleep so bad and during the day she takes 3-4 thirty min naps! sry this is so long im up with her now & been up for nearly an hour & im just exhausted.. say a prayer i mAke it through this lol i literally am going nuts
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RaLeighsMommy11
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:51 AM
i ment 2 hrs of none interupted sleep
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrystalJulianna
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:12 AM

How old is she?  Have you talk to the doctor about it?

mommy2dallas602
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:15 AM
How old? My son is almost 9 months and sill gets up every hour or several times in an hour. I feel your pain!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommab679
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:52 AM

Aww I hope she starts sleeping a little better.

vjnj2007
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:00 AM

How old is she?

RaLeighsMommy11
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:16 PM
she is 5 months ive talked to the doc before.. but tht was a month ago im takin her bck today @ 2 and gonna ask
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HollyHawk333
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 10:19 PM

Is she getting enough to eat before you put her to sleep? She might be going through a growth spurt. Trying feeding her more or right before you lay her down for the night. 

Kayere
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 10:27 PM

If youre a light sleeper you could try sleeping with her. That's what I did with my son when he was that young and i NEEDED sleep here and there. I had one of those pregnancy body pillows that I curled around me so I'd stay half propped up and I'm a really light sleeper so him even moving woke me up... you still dont sleep very well but its slightly better than getting woke up every hour. I've even slept with him sitting striaght up in a rocking chair.. no clue how I pulled it off and my neck hurt liek hell but it worked lol

Nicolenew
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 10:30 PM
Wow that's a hard thing to deal with I'm sure. I wish I could help with that! I know I used to give my son cereal at night so he would sleep longer, but that's all I can think of!!
Kelseyciarah
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 10:35 PM

You are NOT alone.. My son has been like this since day 1. He is 4mos on the 19th of this month. Nothing is wrong with them, some kids are just really needy. I co-sleep in order for me to get sleep, that is the ONLY way I get sleep. I also breastfeed, so when he wakes up for a feeding I'm right there and we can drift off back to sleep. I do feel your pain though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)