Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Discipline... how do you do it?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:55 AM
  • 18 Replies

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SaraZoey
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:07 PM
Zoey (almost 4) gets 2 warnings, then a 3 1/2 minute time out and then a spanking if she's still not listening. She's a pretty good kid so we usually only make it to the second warning and occasionally a time out. I think we've only spanked her once since Christmas and that was the day after. We use a lot of positive reinforcement and she has her rules with pictures on the fridge. We talk about what we're doing and what behavior is expected of her every day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HollyHawk333
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:17 PM

We do time out with Ladybug. The only real problem when have is not listening. She's 2 now. So when she's not listening we count to three then its time out. She is constantly moving and playing so having to sit bored in a corner is enough to make her behave again! 

ATG499
by Wendy on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:07 PM
Distraction, firm talking-to, or spanking (as a last resort).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolenew
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:58 PM
I tell my son what he did wrong and why its wrong the first time, the second time I restate this and warn him not to do it again or I'll pop him, and the third time I'll either ask if he wants me to pop him or pop him. I don't like to pop him so I usually give him an extra opportunity, but one is all I give. He will usually straighten up at the thought of being popped tho. My mom sends him to the naughty chair tho which is freakin hilarious to me! Lol
1_Teen_Mom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:04 PM
Mostly time outs, when I give her a time out she has to sit on the stairs. Since she's 3 1/2, she sits there for 3 minutes and once 3 minutes is up, I tell her she has to sit there until she is done crying. Then I explain to her what she did was wrong, then I make her repeat it back to me. If she says she doesn't know, I explain it again and tthn make her tell me what I said so I know she was listening and she understands it.
I only spank if she gets too out of line.
Now, since I have an iPhone, she gets curious with it so I put some toddler "games" on it, so if she misbehaves I will be taking them away from her, that's if her time outs don't work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1_Teen_Mom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:07 PM
Exactly what is considered being "popped"? Lol I don't understand. Do you mean spanking?

Quoting Nicolenew:

I tell my son what he did wrong and why its wrong the first time, the second time I restate this and warn him not to do it again or I'll pop him, and the third time I'll either ask if he wants me to pop him or pop him. I don't like to pop him so I usually give him an extra opportunity, but one is all I give. He will usually straighten up at the thought of being popped tho. My mom sends him to the naughty chair tho which is freakin hilarious to me! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolenew
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:23 PM
By popping I mean I take his hand and "pop" it. Its way less sever than a spanking (in my mind) and I only hit his hand once. I usually never hit it very hard which is why I don't call it spanking (I usually think of a hard couple swats on the butt when I hear spank).
KylersMom8-16-7
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:29 PM

My 3 year old gets a warning, a time out, and finally a spanking. My 2 year old gets warnings, we try destraction, and if he is touching something he shouldn't be he gets a swat on the hand.

ambiibooxo
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:15 PM
For both my kids,justin is 3(will b 4) and shyanne 2, firt they get a warning, then they get a smack on the hand and have to sit on the step. And if that dont work they get a smack on the ass and a time out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommab679
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:31 PM

They get a warning, Than time out than a spanking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)