Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting Really Bored...

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:46 PM
  • 5 Replies

I'm getting really bored with my day-to-day life! I don't see my son any more than once a week (and lately my family is really busy, so I'm lucky if I get that), so I don't have him to make my day a little more exciting. I do the same thing every day: get up around 7, watch the morning news until 9, watch TV for a little while after that, get some of my knitting project done, sit on facebook & cafemom that entire time, start working on some chores around noon, maybe work out for 20-30 minutes in the afternoon, and do all the dishes after that. My roommate gets home at 4:30 and then it's the same thing after that too: watch some episodes of a TV show we've downloaded or we have on DVD, or watch a movie and some actual TV, have dinner and go to bed around 10. Next day, same thing all over again.

I lost my job in January (it was only a seasonal contract), so I've been unemployed for a month. I've applied for several jobs since - I look online for new jobs about once a week and apply for what I can - and I have had two interviews that apparently weren't successful. I don't like working - I am a very shy person and I get overwhelmed and stressed very easily - but of course it would be something to do. I'm only looking for part-time jobs so I can try to avoid the stress and hopefully keep the job for a long time.

The last time I was unemployed it was for three months, and I don't remember getting this bored! Of course that was between August and November, so it was a little nicer outside, and I could go sit on the deck, and I had more motivation to get out of the house and go to the store if I needed to. I was also in physiotherapy for a fractured hand from October until last month, so that had me out of the house twice a week...but now that's over too!

I realized yesterday that I hadn't left the house since FRIDAY and I ended up just going out to Wal-mart and picking up a couple things, just to get out.

I don't know why I'm so bored! I've never had a problem having nothing to do before.

Anyone else dealing with something similar? Stay-at-home moms, etc?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
paaepae
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:00 PM

I am a SAHM. and it is boring as hell. My son is not quite a year old. We get up in the boring, make breakfast, he plays on the floor and I clean up after breakfast... Then I clean up whatever else needs to be cleaned, start some laundry...by the time that gets done we eat lunch. He then plays some more, and i clean up after lunch....I then get on the internet a play until tiem to make dinner. BOOOOOOOOOORRRRRINNNGGGG!!

I have tried going for walks with Dannick and one of the dogs but he starts screaming everytime we get to the curb....

QueenB36
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:44 PM

can I ask why you dont have your son?

KaroGreenly
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:32 PM

I have been a SAHM since (before) DD1 was born. And I have never been bored. Even when she was a new baby, there were things that I could do with her (without even leaving the house). Plus, I can always play with my kids if I don't want to do housework. I don't know how I, as a SAHM, could be bored while my child(ren) is at home. They're always changing and there are so many things to teach them and they're always learning new things and that's always fun to see. If you're bored, I would suggest actually going out to apply for jobs...or at least to get some fresh air...lol

Daylightdies
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:50 PM
I know how u feel & its so hard to find a job gd luck
AdensMama0308
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 10:15 AM

Of course. He lives with his dad and I live in a different city, mainly because I don't have much choice. I have been dealing with really serious depression a lot over the last 7 or 8 months, so I can't have my son stay with me. I have an arrangement with my sister that whenever she can and someone can drive them, she comes out with him so that no one will worry, but it seems everyone's been too busy lately.

Quoting QueenB36:

can I ask why you dont have your son?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)