Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do you use?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:33 PM
  • 35 Replies
So this is my second unplanned pregnancy and I'm pretty much done after this. I'm not done enough to get my tubes tied (I still want my girl!), but I'm def not into having anymore kids any time before my youngest is 4. I'm thinking about mirena for birth control, but I've heard so many things about it. It seems perfect though because I always forget to take my pills, and depo would prob blow me up.... decisions decisions..... so what type of birth control do you use or have you used?
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MKlein
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:39 PM

i just had my second unplanned baby and I am about to get mirena there is another on that last for ten years and the only reason I am not getting it is the mirena has a hormone in it and it is better for me because I have polysystic oviarian syndrome......regulaer birth control has not been effective for me I have gotten preggo twice via birth control ( one turned out to be a miscarrage because one of the pills i was taking was a dose and a half and it did something funny and I lost my first) and once via condom so this is what I am going for the only thing I have heard wrong about it is one of my friends had it fall out but other friends I have had had it for years and it is fine.

mommy_raines
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:45 PM
I got my tubes tied after my last pregnancy

Nicolenew
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:51 PM
Lol if this was a girl I think id have gotten my tubes tied!!!!
I've been reading reviews online about mirena and it seems like all these horror stories are being posted. It freaked me out, but I think I'm going to get it too. I also like that you can breast feed with it and it shouldn't mess up your milk supply or get into your milk (a lot).
mommy2dallas602
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:51 PM

I have heard bad and good things about mirena. You could look into NuvaRing. I havent heard too bad things from that. Im not on BC yet due to an issue with insurance buts that is what i plan to get bc i tried the sample pack of Yaz and only remembered to take it once lol

mommab679
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:06 PM

Ok honestly I would not get the mirena, I got it and for the first two months thought it was th ebest thing ever, until i couldnt lose weight was a lunatic I mean I was crazy even compared to pregnancy, I was always sick to my stomach had all pregnancy symptoms even phantom kicks non stop, I would get migraines so bad I couldnt move it was awful and  when I researched it because I thought I was going crazy I learned alot of woman had the same problem. I took it out and thankfully it all got much better.

Summerlion1123
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:09 PM

I was using depo before. Worked okay for me, never had a period which I liked. I did gain weight but I don't think the shot had anything to do with it. Now I've been using the pull out method which might not be workin out for me since my period hasn't come yet lol.

CrystalJulianna
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:14 PM

i hated the depo. i bleed every single day.

i have the mirena. and it working fine for me. i had it after my 1st but decied i wanted other kid  so i took it out after three years. now i have it again. is fine for me. no problems at all.

heatherfoutch
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:19 PM
i had it for 3yrs i loved it after the bleeding stopped the hormones just affected me that way but i had no problems
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolenew
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:01 PM
Aghhhhhh lol I would hate it if I was one who had horrible migraines and mood swings! I still have until July to decide but I suppose ALL birth controls have risk factors ya know. I'm going to look into nuva ring tho and see if I can breast feed with it. I wish men had to worry about this sort of thing instead lol.
PosinourHarmony
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:09 PM

I use the Nuva ring! I love it! I swear by it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)