Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some help from my fellow mamas!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:51 PM
  • 19 Replies

Hannah is 3 months old (14 weeks) and she wont go to sleep till between 10pm and 12am at night and it's really taking a toll on hubby and I because we can't go to bed at the same time. How can I get Hannah to go to sleep earlier and stay asleep for a while? We have no routine and she kind has her own schedule. She eating between 9 and 10 and than goes to sleep between 10 and 12. She's formula feed too. Any tips or tricks will be great! Thanks in Advance.

**Please no lucturing! I'm just looking for some advise!**

I'm a 22 Year Old, Disposable Diaper, Scented Wipe Using, Formula Feeding, Early Solid Feeding, Spanking, Cry It Out, Non-Co-Sleeping, Vaccinating, Ear Piercing, Pro-Life, Only Rear Face till 1yr and 20lbs, Stay At Home Mommy to 2 Amazingly Gorgeous Little Girls: Allison Michelle (07-26-08) && Hannah Grace (10-30-10) and the Wife To My High School Sweetheart: Josh (02-09-06; Married 11-07-08)!!!
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1_Teen_Mom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:55 PM
Start her on a routine. That's my best advice
And start her early. I always follow by the 3 day rule, it's rough for 3 days then they give in.
Start feeding her around 7ish, bath (always! It's makes them sleepy), quiet time for awhile and then lay her down
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bigdsgirl503
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:56 PM
Maybe she isent full enough from formula i had to start putting a little bit of rice cereal in my youngest bottle around 4 months cause he wasent full enough but b4 u do that try a warm bath with sleepytime bath then give her a massage with sleepytime lotion or lavender scented lotion its in the baby section at the store i hope this helps
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RyansMama717
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:58 PM
This :) good luck!

Quoting 1_Teen_Mom:

Start her on a routine. That's my best advice

And start her early. I always follow by the 3 day rule, it's rough for 3 days then they give in.

Start feeding her around 7ish, bath (always! It's makes them sleepy), quiet time for awhile and then lay her down

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soon2bemama2008
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:00 AM

She has eczema so she can't be bathed every day (it causes her eczema to flare REALLY bad)...Is there something else i could try in place of that??

Liebevoll_mami
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:06 AM

it doesnt help all babys to put cereal in with the formula but some. i wouldnt advise it but if it works for you then go for it. if bath time wakes baby up more then do it in the morning. if not do it at night before bed. start a solid routine. and if it seems like baby is fighting alot at night and you cant seem to get things done during the day then your baby needs to go to bed earlier.

maybe start by waking her up 30 minutes earlier in the morning. 30 min earlier from her nap. put her down 30 minutes earlier. and just lengthen it by 30 minutes a night.

she SHOULD start to normalize between 4 and 5 months. but those tips should help get things going.

Liebevoll_mami
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:07 AM

read to her every night. something that takes around 15/20 minutes. or rock to her and sing to her for 20 minutes.

zave22
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:08 AM

give her a bath followed by a warm bottle and rock her to sleep. also move her feeding up a hour since can't give her bath everyday read her bedtime story and talking to her may help

Liebevoll_mami
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:08 AM

well maybe not sing for 20 minutes but maybe a lullaby or two. but the nighttime routine would b good to last around a half an hour. calms the body/mind down really nicely

Loving19mommy92
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:13 AM

My baby did that but right at 12 am she would go to sleep and in the morning at 9 or 10 I would wake her up. We played with her a little gave her a bath and spent some down time with her and she goes to sleep much sooner now.

jcelis
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:02 AM

Start to get her on a routine. Liebevoll_mami had some really good suggestions! You can start by giving her bottle to her earlier. If you can't bathe her every day because of her eczema, try giving her a little baby massage before bed, laying her down and reading a bedtime story to her. Once she realizes that this is what happens every night before bed she'll start to associate these actions with bed time and eventually start sleeping at the same (earlier) time every night as long as you stick to the schedule.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)