Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously?! VENT!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:05 AM
  • 8 Replies

I'm not upset so much as I am slapping my forehead wondering when the heck they are going to learn...

My friend and his gf (now wife) got pregnant a few months after I did and had their little boy in September of 2009. Well, this last fall my friend informed me that his wife was pregnant again and she ended up getting an abortion. I'm pro-choice and all and while I thought hmm, maybe they should have learned the first time I let the situation slip out of my mind. (By the way, they were not using bc either of these times. It was the pull out method, which they knew was ineffective...obviously...but they were too "lazy" to go buy condoms. His words.) Today he texted me and said that his wife feels pregnant. WTF?! Seriously? I don't know what to think...I really thought they would have bucked up and started being careful after the first two whoopsies!!! Guess not...I really don't know what to tell him. The whole situation is just f%$#ed up in my opinion.

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KaroGreenly
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:09 AM

Well, fortunately (or unfortunately) the right to be stupid is still alive and well in the US of A.

I'm assuming (since she had an abortion) that they aren't against birth control for religious reasons. Maybe you should find the number to the local free women's clinic and suggest that she get on some birth control.

ATG499
by Wendy on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:10 AM

You should tell him to be more careful next time.

p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:18 AM

I feel you there. I had a friend who had to do the samething, and I am pro-choice all the way, but not even two years later, SAME THING! Same excuse, I dont like the pill, or condoms or whatever. She has a little girl. I went with her for the first one the second one I gave her the names of clinics that offered her help and the numbers to the health department. I would say to speak your mind, and yes it is your opinion, but in reality, that is about $1200, that could go to the baby they already have. I mean if they have the ambition to be able to drive to a clinic, sit and wait that long, they can go to the store and wait 1/8th of the time and a way cheaper price.I personally had to stop speaking to my friend, because not even weeks after either abortions she was telling me how good the unprotected sex way. I cant deal with stupidity or irresponsibility. So I feel where you are coming from.

jcelis
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:36 AM

There was some excuse for her not being on birth control. She was on it before they conceived their first though so I know it's not a health reason. It's frustrating to see them keep doing this to themselves, not to mention the subtle consequences for their living son! I just don't feel like it's my place to butt in and give my two cents, you know?

Sue421
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:02 AM

Suggest adoption to them

p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:17 AM

BUMP!

p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:26 AM

I understand what you are saying, so maybe not talk about what they are doing wrong or being stupid about, but maybe about the effects it could have on the baby, their bills, etc. Instead of taking a huge chunk out at once, then maybe the amount once or twice a month for condoms and then whatever the payments are for her bc. Not to force your view but eventually it will catch up to them financially, emotionally, phsyically if these were to continuously take place. A females body needs the same amoutn of time to heal from an abortion as she does a full term healthy pregnancy. Not only are they not taking the correct percautions, but more problems could arise if this becaome regular. It was hard for me to say something to my friend, it took alot, but sometimes, people have to know that what they are doing is down right unneeded.

jcelis
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:58 AM

Or I could just be blunt and hand him a pack of condoms the next time I see him. Ok, maybe not but yeah you're right. I think it'd be easier for me to pull him aside and tell him these things because he's a good friend and I haven't known his wife for too long so I'd feel a little weird addressing her. He needs a good talking too and I'm sure he won't be offended.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)