Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Selfish or Not?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:06 PM
  • 7 Replies

As a breast feeding mom, my 7 month old is very attached to me. His dad is at work most days and their bond isn't the same as mine and his. I'm not complaining that my son is too clingy but it is hard to get things done around the house and he won't let his dad take care of him or much less anyone else. any advice on how I can get him to rely on both of us and not just me. My mother says I'm being selfish but in reality I do need just a little time out from him. I don't think that is being selfish? Well please let me know what you guys think...it will be greatly appreciated.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Nicolenew
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:05 PM
No that's not being selfish at all! What you could do is pump some milk and let your hubby feed him sometimes. It will help the baby look at him for support also so you can have a break. He can play with the baby a lot too to try and establish a better relationship.
lovealot0587
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:07 PM

I don't think its selfish, we all need our own time away from the kids.....

B-FigNewton
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:16 PM

My dd did this and I just had to put her down so I could get things done.

mommy2dallas602
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:29 PM
Not selfish at all momma!! Everyone needs a break
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HizzPrincess
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:30 PM

everyone needs time. I breastfeed but i also pump because i produce more than she eats, so i feed when im full off the boob other than that i pump and put it in a bottle, that way shes getting breastmilk and also gets to bond with daddy at feeding time, and i get my bonding when shes on the boob. :)

ATG499
by Wendy on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:33 PM
Pump some milk and put it in a sippy for DS and/or get a wrap so you can wear him and get things done. You're not being selfish at all. (=
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
swt_lil_mommy
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 1:21 PM

Most of you said to pump it out; which I have but he refuses to take a bottle and he will only drink juice from his cup. The milk he won't touch. He wants my boob when it comes to that. Ive tried for others to feed him but he screams and has a tantrum if so. Ive tried to go out once this new years and left him with my mother n law and he was good wit her and took a bottle with her but when it came down to sleeping for the night he woudn't budge and waited up for me to get there n put him to sleep. suggestions??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)