Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't get it.

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:22 PM
  • 6 Replies

I don't get why it's such a hassle for her to take a nap! I really don't! Friday was horrible, I had a bad day and went a bit over board. But I don't get it. IF we get up between 9-10am, I don't make her take a nap. But when we are up at 8-830am, by 130-2pm, I think she needs a nap, but nope, she'd rather fight me tooth and nail.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jordansmomma06
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:25 PM

I just gave up on naps..If they fall asleep..then YAY. but if they don't..they don't! I got sick of fighting with them about it

Amber5151
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:26 PM

It is her age, along with some other things I am sure, but I don't want this to become a post about parenting styles.

Kain naps wonderfully at school, however on the weekends he doesn't want to. Finally I made it to where he has an hour of "down time" either laying with me on the couch or in my bed or his, dark room just relaxing. He doesn't have to sleep, but he does have to have some quiet time. Maybe try having "quiet time" instead of "nap" time

mommy_raines
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:26 PM

I know how you feel. My son is 4. i dont make him take a nap but he does have to have "rest time" in his bed. If he falls asleep great (rarely happens), but if he doesnt then he has to be quiet and stay in bed. I hope it gets better.

kmencl3210
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:32 PM

my ds is almost 3... he gets VERy cranky by bed time if he doesnt nap... but its nearly impossible to get him to, ill put him in his bed and close his bedroom door (otherwise he comes running out) and he kicks and hits the door, and screams at the top of his lungs and going absolutely insane.. i live in an apartment or i'd let it go for a few minutes so he'd calm down (which he used to do than he'd lay down and take a nap) but i finally gave up because if i went in and tried to talk to him he'd kick me and im pregnant so that's not going to work...

he doesnt get to watch tv very often at all so once a day well put on a movie or show(s) he likes and he has to lay down for an hour quietly or the tv gets shut off, he usually will fall asleep if i time it right... 

Laura1427
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:37 PM

So don't make her take a nap? I don't know if that would work better?

Some days my DS (only 2) does not want a nap. We go in there, lay him down, and shut his door. If he decides to nap, great. If not, he plays quietly until his sister wakes up.

We obviously have made his room safe for unsupervised play.

Hope it gets better.

AddisonsMommy12
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:50 PM

Laura that is NOT an option in my house hold. I gave her an option this morning. It was actually about 745 when she woke up and crawled in bed with me. I said "We either go back to sleep right now, or you take a nap later this afternoon after lunch." Well she didn't want to go back to sleep, so she now required to take a nap. It's been almost two hours of fighting with her. I had her lullabys on, on my laptop. And I tried the old country, that put her to sleep two days in a row.

You do as I tell you to do, or you get in trouble. I told her it's nap time, so it's nap time. I don't care what time she falls asleep, if she falls asleep at 3pm in our room, then she falls asleep at 3pm.

As of right now, she's sitting on the steps calling my name, after I've told her to not to move from the spot she was in on my bed or come out of my bed room because if she did she was going to be in trouble.

But thanks for the advice other ladies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)