Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dating

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:26 PM
  • 14 Replies

Poll

Question: Dating age.

Options:

18, Grown and out of my house.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 31

View Results

What is a good age to allow your child to start dating?

Addison isn't allowed to date until she's at least 15. And she will know all about sex and BC. She'll be on BC when she gets her period. Or when she turns 11. Which ever comes first. And she will have condoms in her purse when she comes home and tells me she has a boyfriend, and condoms will be accessable in my home to her. But she won't be allowed to have sex in my house.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2dallas602
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:34 PM
Ill let him date in groups at 13 and alone at 16. Since I have a boy, his dad and I will have numerous talks about how to treat a woman and I will buy condoms for him but encourage abstinence
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JayBearsmomma
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:40 PM

i said 16 because to me a dateis when the boy comes and picks up the girl and u have to drive do that sooooo.... u would ave to be at least 16.

Nicolenew
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:07 PM
This and my son will need a job because im not paying for him to take some girl out lol!

Quoting JayBearsmomma:

i said 16 because to me a dateis when the boy comes and picks up the girl and u have to drive do that sooooo.... u would ave to be at least 16.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AddisonsMommy12
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:09 PM

HAHAHAHAHA. I won't pay for a date either. She can date at 16, and that boy can pick her up, and no his parents  can't drive them either. He needs to do it.

mommy_raines
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:23 PM

Hubby and i just discussed this..we said 16.

Jordanbear
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:51 PM

I feel as though its only fair that it be the same age for my son and daughter. So the longer they have to wait the better

KylersMom8-16-7
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:19 PM

KaroGreenly
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:59 PM

I think that 15 is a good age. It is a very real possibility that your 15 year old may be dating someone 1 - 3 years older than him/her. However, there will be as little "alone time" as possible. I don't think that two 15 year olds need alone time.

AddisonsMommy12
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:01 AM

If Addison was mature enough to have a relationship at the age of 15, then she could have one, but she wouldn't be dating anyone over the age of 17. But if shes like me, she'll like the older guys. I have to date some one at least 5 years older then me.

Quoting KaroGreenly:

I think that 15 is a good age. It is a very real possibility that your 15 year old may be dating someone 1 - 3 years older than him/her. However, there will be as little "alone time" as possible. I don't think that two 15 year olds need alone time.

jordansmomma06
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:10 AM

said 15. That is an ok age I guess. Me and my Dh have talked about them dating and what not, but they are still 4 and 2, so i still have a while before I have to deal with this. THANK GOODNESS

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)