Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It hurts so bad....

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:55 PM
  • 16 Replies

So yesterday I slipped down the stairs at my house ( only 5 and they are carpeted) but my tailbone hurts SOOOOO bad I want to cry, my baby is still moving alot and I havent had any stomach pains or other pains. So I am just curious as to who else this has happened to and what you guys did to help with the pain and how long the pain lasted. sad

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SaraZoey
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:59 PM
Ice, Tylenol and rest. I've never dealt with that, but I think as long as your baby is making their kick counts you should be good. I hope you feel better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:03 PM

hugsYou should talk to your Doctor!

KMThomas05
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:07 PM
I slipped outside on our snow/ice covered stairs while pregnant with dd i know how it feels my leg bent backward to my hip it hurt badly anyways the nurse said i should have gone in and been monitored after my fall but as long as your baby is moving i think u should be alright. Just to be safe call ur dr they would be able to tell u.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ATG499
by Wendy on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:25 PM

Quoting LancesMom:

hugsYou should talk to your Doctor!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
josiahmom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:37 PM

Im sry. I have fallen and that does hurt.

alyssadominick
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:41 PM
You need to see the doc and make sure you didnt damage your tailbone...I did and it hurt so bad I couldnt walk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArronEvanmomma
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:31 PM

Quoting KMThomas05:

I slipped outside on our snow/ice covered stairs while pregnant with dd i know how it feels my leg bent backward to my hip it hurt badly anyways the nurse said i should have gone in and been monitored after my fall but as long as your baby is moving i think u should be alright. Just to be safe call ur dr they would be able to tell u.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
sxymomma20
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:41 PM

ouch...well its good your baby still moving

Lexi-Raes_mom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:16 PM

When I was about 23 weeks pregnant I fell off a bike and got dragged like 3-5 inches by a four wheeler.. My daughter who I carried until 37 weeks, is now 7 months old and fine.. Actually she's ahead of her age group by smarts and size.. I did have to go to the hospital because I sprained my ankle and they had me stay overnight to make sure she was fine in which she was.. i would just say to take tylenol and not move around to much... Ice and or heat should help, and many soft squishy pillows.. Best of luck to you!! 

mommab679
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:31 PM

I would call the dr to verify everything.. however I broke my tail bone right before I was pregnant with my daughter and honestly the pain lasted so long it was awful. I would take tylenol but theres not much else to do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)