Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

GED

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:08 PM
  • 3 Replies
Im 16 and I'm in an alternative school. I'm supposed to earn hours (60 hours per credit) through the homework they offer. Problem is, honestly, all the homework they have is too easy. I'm a straight A student with a 4.0 GPA. I have over 2,200 hours left to graduate - but I have no way to earn these hours except by going to school, and that would take around 5 years (seriously).

So I've been thinking about a GED. Can I get one even though I'm 16 since I have a baby? I live in Minnesota. And for college... If I want to do something like nursing, or if I want to be an ultrasound technician... Could I do that with a GED? I'm not sure how it works. Don't some colleges require certain classes for you to take in high school if you want to get in a certain program?

Please help... I'm not sure what to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
HollyBerry727
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:16 PM
I know here in GA you can get a GED at 16 and you can go to any college you want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JennicaKristine
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:04 PM

I got my GED when I was 16 & just recently went to school 2 become a CNA.  I think as long as you have either your diploma or GED than your good =]

ATG499
by Wendy on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:26 PM

Talk to a guidance counselor at your high school. They should be able to answer your questions or point you to someone who can.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)