Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PREGNANCY AND BIRTH CONTROL QUESTION;;

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:02 PM
  • 18 Replies

So I just gave birth to my son on March 31, and my hubby and I have had sex like 6 times since then and he hasnt pulled out at all.. I know stupid me! But anyways I just started birth control 2 days ago.. the pill, how long does it take to become effective?

And have any of you gotten pregnant right after giving birth like that?

I really am spazzing bc im only 17, and FOR REAL dont want anymore babies.

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy_raines
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:05 PM

it takes a MONTH for it start working. If you dont anymore babies then stop having sex until the pill has time to start working. And give your body a break. Your not suppose to be having sex so soon.

Mrs.Roozen
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:05 PM
It can take 2 weeks for it to become effective. There's a reason you should wait 6 weeks between sex and birth. I'm 21 and going on baby #4. My kids are 4, 3, and 2. Back to back from having sex too early. Atleast use condoms if you're going to do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissyV514
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:08 PM

the pill takes a month, no advice really but no sex, or no sex without condoms.....

KylersMom8-16-7
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:36 PM

I was 17 when I had my first son and 16 months later I had his brother. I am 21 and pregnant with my third boy.

B-FigNewton
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:41 PM

The pill takes at least a month to become effective.

You weren't supposed to be having sex when you started back up anyway...obviously it isn't your number one priority...

blowing kisses

stephanneas
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 12:51 AM

it takes 30 days to become fully effective...your most fertile after giving birth....its kinda soon for you to be having sex also i believe suppose to wait atleast 6 weeks..if i were you i would def stop having sex NOW and wait for the pill to kick in! GL!

ATG499
by Wendy on Apr. 24, 2011 at 3:30 AM
I agree with the previous replies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolenew
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 10:06 AM
Read the info that comes with your pill because different ones have different lengths to get in your system.... also, tell your hubby to start pulling out or wear a condom until it does become effective!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrslauranichols
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:33 PM

Birth Control takes a month before it is effective. And yes you can get pregnant right away. My cousin has two kids that are exactly 9 months away from one another because she did not wait until she had sex. Why didn't you wait the 6 weeks like the doctors tell you to? And after you have a baby you are real fertile

KaroGreenly
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 2:11 PM

Please tell me that your doctor did a pregnancy test before prescribing you birth control.

I'm in a no nonsense kind of mood, so here it is, not sugar coated. If you don't want anymore babies, quit having unprotected sex. Also, birth control is not 100% effective. But, you'll be more protected if you take it properly. So, be sure to read the package insert. It will tell you important things like, you should take your pill at the same time every day, and how long it takes for the pills to take effect (usually 30 days, or one complete packet).

Also, as some of the other ladies have said, you're not suppose to be having sex for another 2 and a half weeks. The doctors don't say to wait 6 weeks because they want you to suffer. Your body needs time to heal. Also, did you know that they have shown that the closer together your children are, the more likely the younger one is to have autism. So, there are plenty of reasons to wait and I can't think of any good reason to jump the gun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)