Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

honest opinions plz

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:21 PM
  • 27 Replies
Why do you think divorce rates are up so high these days??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ArronEvanmomma
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:51 PM
Because people are in a rush to get married and don't know every side of their spouse also because it was frowned upon back in the day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrS.ACosTa190
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:58 PM

i honestly think it because ppl are selfish.........lovers of themself....

mommy2dallas602
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:00 PM
People rush it and dont take the vows seriously
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:01 PM
Because people view it as an option. When you feel you've got an escape plan, you don't work as hard to keep what you have intact. My Fiance and I were just talking about this at 2am this morning. Back when the only legitimate reason for divorce was if a husband killed his wife, marriages lasted. I am not saying that a wife should suffer her husbands abuse silently. I am saying we live in an age where our motto is, what can you do for me. To make a marriage work, I think you need to be selfless. Unfortunately, we are a selfish, instant gratification generation. Marriage has to ripen and most rarely give it time. It gets good 5 years in, 15, 20 years in. Communication, compromise, and constant cuddling is so needed in a relationship.

My Fiance is 20 years older than I am and this will be marriage number 2 for both of us so we talk a lot about where WE failed the first go round. Not our partners, but US.

sorry. I can go on about this forever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrS.ACosTa190
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:03 PM

and with that additude you marrige will last forever..... :)  well said.

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Because people view it as an option. When you feel you've got an escape plan, you don't work as hard to keep what you have intact. My Fiance and I were just talking about this at 2am this morning. Back when the only legitimate reason for divorce was if a husband killed his wife, marriages lasted. I am not saying that a wife should suffer her husbands abuse silently. I am saying we live in an age where our motto is, what can you do for me. To make a marriage work, I think you need to be selfless. Unfortunately, we are a selfish, instant gratification generation. Marriage has to ripen and most rarely give it time. It gets good 5 years in, 15, 20 years in. Communication, compromise, and constant cuddling is so needed in a relationship.

My Fiance is 20 years older than I am and this will be marriage number 2 for both of us so we talk a lot about where WE failed the first go round. Not our partners, but US.

sorry. I can go on about this forever.

mammabear18
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:11 PM
I agree with all the pp.

I've been with my df for 5 years with 2 kids, I got pregnant after knowing him for only 3 weeks. We are still together. But for me I take marriage very seriously and am in no rush to pursue marriage. We are still both so young (I'm 22 and he's 26) I know we love each other, and for the most part he's my best friend. We have a wonderful relationship. Why we are waiting so long? I'm not sure but when we are 100% ready we will know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Butterflycraze2
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:19 PM

BC people are getting married for the wrong reasons such as they don't really KNOW eachother and they are basing it off of their feelings. However, emotions change constantly and I think people also go into the marriage with the mind set that "well if it doesn't work than I will just get a divorce".

People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available.  ~Chele Marmet

mommy_raines
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:42 PM

i think people rush into marriage, they dont take the vows serious and if they hit a big bump they call it quits instead of doing everything possible to make it work. When i got married at 20, it was for life. We have been married 6 yrs on monday and believe me..we could have called it quits but we fought through all the odds.

KailesMommy
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:09 PM

I think its because people rush it. And there are some that don't rush it but they don't actually think it through. In other words, they don't THINK. lol

KaityBug2011
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Because people get married too soon for dumb reasons.. and because money is tighter these days.. #1 stress on couples is money.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)