Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Some times i wish i would have waited (advice)

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:23 PM
  • 11 Replies

Sometimes i wish i would have waited to have kids i did not plan my twin girls but i am so happy i have them now they mean the world to me and i do everything for them but i am a nursing student i just finished my first year and i dont want to go back i want to stay home with them as much as i can it is just to much to handle 

I am planning a wedding i have 2 kids i am a full time student and i work...I dont know if it is because i need a break or something but i am just stressed and dont know how to handle it ... i love my girls but it is times like these where i wish i would have waited to have kids 

any advice would be nice 

do i need a break or should i put things on hold?

by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cerainwondrland
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:34 PM

sounds like you need a break!

and if that doesn't help then try putting things on hold.

a nursing degree will really help you guys out if you can stick with it

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2011 at 2:54 PM

It sounds like you need a break to me.... maybe a date night with your SO, or a girls night out just to have some much needed child free fun.  You have a lot on your plate, so make sure you take a little time to take care of you too!

JayBearsmomma
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:49 PM
I wouldn't put anything on hold I would just take a break or re due ur schedule. Maby stop working if u can or instead of full time go part time? I have gone to school every summer and this summer I just needed a break and so far I am in love with it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
styhmMommy
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:56 PM

You momma need a break. Don't feel quilty about wishing you would have waited. I think the same thoughts everyday. Your under alot of stress you need some MOMMY TIME. Don't quit school what ever you do, no matter how much you want to stay with the twins you have to finish school. You have to much on your plate see what you can do to clear some off. Good luck and take a break.

ATG499
by Wendy on May. 21, 2011 at 5:32 PM
It sounds like you just need a break. You're doing great so far! Try to de-stress and you should be able to get back to it. =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
josiahmom
by on May. 22, 2011 at 8:45 AM

id not worry about some things and just take care of my girls and do your job and schooling.

myloves2
by on May. 22, 2011 at 10:27 AM

Quoting cerainwondrland:

sounds like you need a break!

and if that doesn't help then try putting things on hold.

a nursing degree will really help you guys out if you can stick with it

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oolalakrys
by on May. 22, 2011 at 2:38 PM
Sounds like you're not enjoying it! The last thing you want is to resent school, your wedding and the worst ~ your kids. I would say try not to dwell on how you wish you could have waited, because you didn't, and it won't change. Instead focus on the positive when things are hard. Like the fact that having your children young means you get to love them longer. You are young enough to run after them and keep up. And you'll be a sexay gramma! Haha. I know its hard hun! I had to take the semester off to breathe. It really helps and allows you to gather your thoughts and start fresh. You need school to provide a great life for your girls, but mostly you need it for you! If nursing is your calling stick with it. Show your daughters that the impossible is indeed possible. Then when they are older they have inspiration to endure because mommy was an octopus but still did it. You'll be okay sweets! Just breathe. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heartnhidin
by on May. 22, 2011 at 6:25 PM

Take the summer off and go back to school part time. Nursing is a very rewarding and well paying job. I know how you feel though I was in school full time and working I felt like I was missing a ton. So take the summer off work part time if you can and in the fall do part time school and part time work that way you can manage it better. But if you feel you need a break take a break. Good Luck

lovealot0587
by on May. 22, 2011 at 6:34 PM

it sounds like you have a lot on your plate.. try to slow down or plan things so your not doing so much at one time... is there anyone who can babysit while you try to get a night away with your SO??? good luck hope it gets better soon for you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)