Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how was the first couple days after you gave birth?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:37 PM
  • 11 Replies

i was talking to a friend of mine who had a baby my senior year of high school and she moved out by herself. she didn't have like a lot of experience with children, her mother already had too many kids in the house so she wasn't a huge help, and the baby's dad takes no part in her daughter's life.

and she did it all by herself! she's still doing it. well, of course financial help from her parents but as far as raising her and all of that.. she was alone. that's so weird! i guess it's a trial and error thing. like how do you know what to do? and you're seventeen and by yourself! that amazed me. how was it for yall?

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2dallas602
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:43 PM
I was 19 and knew what to do. I think motherly instincts take over as soon as your baby is born.
But wow, she sounds like a very strong woman
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleywilkerson
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:45 PM

i raised my sister from the day she come home from the hospital so when i had my daughter at 16 i already knew how to take care of a baby and it wasnt that hard for me.

prettynproper
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:46 PM

right! she moved in with her dad when she was like seven or eight so she was an only child and never dealth with babies/kids. i was really worried because i just didn't think she knew what to do. like.. how did she know? i guess you're right. those instincts must kick in. she has a healthy, happy two year old now!

jcelis
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:48 PM

Well, due to complications I was in the hospital for a week after I had her so I had a lot of help from my husband, our families and especially the nurses. After we finally went home it was just me and the hubby and I think we handled everything smoothly...besides the fact that I almost went crazy due to lack of sleep! Hah

KylersMom8-16-7
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2011 at 3:09 PM

I had my first at 17 and I had a pretty easy time. Its is amazing how it just comes to you. I had experience with babies but it is a lot different with your own child.

Nicolenew
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:23 PM
I think mothers instincts kick in. If I had a girl I would've done the same thing. I only really needed help with dealing with my sons circumcison. I was scared to bother it and my mom did that until my first night with him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JayBearsmomma
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:47 PM
I was the oldest and my parents were foster parents so I had lots of experince not to mention I basically raised my nephew for the first two years of his life. I knew mostly what to do but nothing can prepare u for ur own child. My first few days I had lots of support but did it all myself, my parents were so shocked I didn't even ask for their help at night. He was such a easy baby. The only thing is I was very swollen and it hurt to sneeze or cough the pain I was in was ridiculous not to mention my boobs rained milk lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaityBug2011
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:50 PM

It was hard.. the first 4 weeks I felt like I had gone crazy from the lack of sleep. I don't exactly know when I got used to it.. probably around 5 weeks everything started to seem routine and made it easier.. def got easier after I stopped being sore.

rjmami25
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:52 PM

a month before my 16th birthday i gave birth to my son, my mom stayed home for 4 days with me, 3 which were spent in the hospital, and one at home. I shortly returned to school, taking my baby to daycare, and picking him up, and caring for him all night long. i guess its something people cant explain, it just comes natural.

Salsacookies
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:52 PM

I had babysat my nephews and cousins when they were babies, so I pretty much knew what to do. I was babysitting a three month old boy when i found out i was prego and continued through most of my pregnancy. I stayed at the hospital for overnight and that was all. Went home and went to a symphony rehearsal 4 days after delivering. It really wasn't that bad. She's 19 months old now, so i think we're doing alright.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)