Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Couldn't be pregnant, could i? PIOG!

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:23 PM
  • 17 Replies

I had my mirena out May 5th and had unprotected sex that night. DH and i also had sex on the 3rd of May if that matters... I did start bleeding on the 7th and did till the 9th and that's it! it wasnt SUPER heavy and i had not clots. Well heck, it was more like a medium flow. the 1st two days all i needed was 2 tampons throughout both those days and then the last day it was just barely there. So NOTHING like what i've read how bleeding is after the removal of an IUD.

THe past week ive just felt "off".. hard to explain. semi nasauted. Mainly after taking my daily vitamin(which i finally started on last friday) headaches everyday, esp after having a beer which almost never caused headaches for me. Semi dizzieness the past say 3 days. Not a BAD dizzy, just half "fuzzy" not like everything is spinning but definatly something not right. Not normal for me at least.

So a few questions... 1. Did anyone else have minimal bleeding after removal?(onlyask b/c i've read everyone bleeds a good amout for at least 5-7days).   2. Could i be pregnant that soon after removal? I mean, i know anything is possible when having unprotected sex but just have to ask. (lol)

Or is all this maybe "Normal" after removal and my body just trying to get "normal"..

THanks! :)

by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsgrody
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:25 PM

I don't know but here is a bump

kylersmommy
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Quoting mrsgrody:

I don't know but here is a bump

thanks!

MajorsMommy
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:30 PM

i had my mirena removed becase of discomfort and had a few hours of bleeding, i didnt and still havent ahd sex since though. good luck!

heartnhidin
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:32 PM

I was on Mirena for 18 months, I got some bleeding after a few days of it being removed. You do not ovulate on Mirena so it is highly unlikely that you would get pregnant within the first couple of weeks of it being out

1.hot.mama2005
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2011 at 8:38 PM

I would suggest asking your doctor. I really wish I had more advice to offer. But here is a BUMP!

sxymomma20
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:27 PM
maybe your body withdrawing from it in............i did that shortly after i had mirena tooken out about 2 -3 yrs ago ....my periods were short and i had all the pregnancy sysptoms and i wasnt though it confused me....its just way of your body getting back to normal without it i guess
vermillion1111
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:30 PM

Hey I dno I guess anything is possible, I had the mirena out May 5'th too! Yay we are mirena buddies! lmao, I had sex like everyday since..... havent had a period yet....... my boobs are lumpy, tender... I feel "off" too. But I doubt its pregnancy so soon, though I've heard of people getting preggo within 2 weeks of having it out. So I guess we shall see? For both of us? lol

momoftwins_2
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:27 PM

I had very minimal bleeding afterwards. A few days after I got it out, it started and lasted for a day. I didnt get pregnant until 4 months after having it out.

Jordybugsmommy
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:28 PM
I had my mirena out a few days ago, no bleeding at all. I haven't had a period since december 09. I was having pregnancy symptoms before I had it removed, all test came back negative. I'm still having the symptoms and still getting negative results. So I'm right there with y'all to. I'm a way I hope I am then then again I don't know how my bf would handle it we are all under a lot of stress right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momoftwins_2
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:28 PM

did your dr not tell you to wait a cycle before trying to get pregnant?? You really should so your uterus can get back to hormone-free..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)