Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

vent

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:02 PM
  • 15 Replies
Do y'all ever feel like as mothers/wives/girlfriends that you're always catering to everyone and dealing with bad moods with a smile on your face and encouraging words on your lips but when you need that treatment there's none to be found?

It seems like in my life I'm constantly dealing with my s/o's bad work days, my moms stress and of course my friends as well but then on a day like today when I'm a little stressed and tired and just need some encouragement and extra kindness I'm instead faced with everyone's shock over my audacity to be in a "bad mood" I'm an inch from telling everyone to kiss my--well you know what!

Without fail by 6 o'clock each evening I'm so sore in my hips and lower back that I literally have to drag and limp my way around thru the evening duties of dinner, clean up, baths, bed, my homework, and of course any extra I volunteer to help friends or family with. I rarely complain and have even taken in a job in addition to everything else to try to get our finances in better order. My so seriously seems to think I'm just being a wus about it al at night I wake up in pain and limp limbs and just turning over is like a Olympic task with how stiff my hips get

I guess I just need a mommy time out today, and a Margarita would be nice but of course can't do that either lol... God give me the strength to hold my tongue today, please.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicolenew
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:18 PM
Arr you prego? Either way its pretty common for ppl to act that way. Im sorry yoy have to deal with all this. Hopefully your night will get better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carolyntx
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:34 PM
Yes, with twins

Quoting Nicolenew:

Arr you prego? Either way its pretty common for ppl to act that way. Im sorry yoy have to deal with all this. Hopefully your night will get better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolenew
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:40 PM
Wow thats def a reasin to feel like shit! No one took sympathy on me either or believed how bad my hips really hurt. I thought atleast females would understand how painful it is, but no.... Ugh im sorry you cant rest! Def try tho, you know twins are high risk!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaroGreenly
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Tomorrow, make PB&J on paper towels and tell SO that if he wants anything else for dinner, he can cook it and wash any dishes that he dirties. I think that the best thing that you can do is to actually get some quiet, relaxing time. Maybe go take a nice, long bath after Gracien is in bed. I hope that it gets better for you.

carolyntx
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:04 PM
Ugh I know and honestly I don't.need sympathy I just find it annoying that in the very rare occasion that I'm not cheery and optimistic that no one is willing to just be a little extra nice or caring... its something I try so hard to be sure and do for others and now I'm trying to figure out why I bother lol. I'm sure tomorrow ill be back to normal tho so the show can continue

Quoting Nicolenew:

Wow thats def a reasin to feel like shit! No one took sympathy on me either or believed how bad my hips really hurt. I thought atleast females would understand how painful it is, but no.... Ugh im sorry you cant rest! Def try tho, you know twins are high risk!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carolyntx
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:05 PM
Lol I think you're right, the personal maid/chef is about to take Sunday off!!

Quoting KaroGreenly:

Tomorrow, make PB&J on paper towels and tell SO that if he wants anything else for dinner, he can cook it and wash any dishes that he dirties. I think that the best thing that you can do is to actually get some quiet, relaxing time. Maybe go take a nice, long bath after Gracien is in bed. I hope that it gets better for you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momoftwins_2
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Im sorry :( I feel that way often

josiahmom
by on May. 22, 2011 at 8:42 AM

yes i do and sometimes to much.

ATG499
by Wendy on May. 22, 2011 at 1:22 PM
*Hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JayBearsmomma
by on May. 22, 2011 at 1:32 PM
I know the feeling and I'm not even pregnant. I would just tell everyone that ur out of order until 6 weeks after the twins come lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)