Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vent

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:52 AM
  • 17 Replies
I just need to vent, feel free to ignore. so, at like 2 am, i tell my boyfriend who is playing a stupid video game that we need to go to bed. i havent been getting much sleep cuz i spend too much time worring bout the pregnancy, tho im always tired. anyway, i tell him we need to go to bed. he says after his match. well 3 matches later i go to bed alone. and then at 320, just as im getting to sleep, he comes in the bedroom trying t kiss on me so i wot be mad at him. andwhn i ignore him, he starts anargument. so now its ten til 4 and hes asleep, but im still up stressing cuz he waza jerk. he doesnt care that if i dnt get rest it not heathy fr me and the baby. all he cares aout is his stupi vdeo games. pleas excuse the typos. im on my phone and unlss i tpe super slow, it misses ltters.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ATG499
by Wendy on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:05 AM

Maybe I don't understand because I've never lived with a SO, but why do you need him to go to bed with you? I would just go to bed at a decent hour on my own. Hopefully his priorities will get in order by the time your baby comes. =/

MommyBird388
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:13 AM
It sounded to me like her SO was playing video games for too long and she wanted to go to bed at a descent hour but wanted to cuddle or have some quiet time in bed with him before she falls asleep. Maybe she was trying to pull him away from the game so she could have sone sort of convo without the game on.
OP, if I'm anywhere near close as to what you wanted, don't try to get your SO to read between the lines. Men can't do that. You have to spell it out most of the time. If you want some attention, just tell him.
He does sound childish BTW. I know how you are feeling right now. You can either wake him up to argue some more or you can be up all night getting more and more angry until you blow up at him in the morning. I haven't been in that situation in a very long time, but I know how it feels. Or find something to distract you that will put you to sleep. Good luck!

Quoting ATG499:

Maybe I don't understand because I've never lived with a SO, but why do you need him to go to bed with you? I would just go to bed at a decent hour on my own. Hopefully his priorities will get in order by the time your baby comes. =/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
remaining_me
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:19 AM

i'm not against taking the immature road and waking his ass up and bitching at him..sheesh. u just get to sleep and he comes and does that? not cool. cant even get some shut eye preggers? it definitely wont be happeneing once baby is here so tell him to buzz off and stop being a jerk. >_< lol.

JayBearsmomma
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:56 AM
I can understand why u r upset.... maby try and explain to him that u wanted to go to bed with him and u feel like the game was more important to him than u or ur baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyLos
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:08 AM

i can't stand men who sit and play video games....is he 12? those are not and will not be in my house. i don't know how women can stay with guys like that...........

Nicolenew
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:09 AM
Ugh that's a toughie. I hope you start getting some sleep mama! That was a jerk off move but explain what's going on in your head to him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
B-FigNewton
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Tell him to get off his ass, and stop playing video games so much.

Laura01_2012
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Thanks. And its honestly really hard for me to fall asleep without him in bed also. Ive slept next to him nearly every nite since he moved in and i've grown used to falling asleep cuddled up next to him. But that's really not the whole thing. The video game thing is a big part of why i am mad. And to top things off, i wake up this morning and roll over to try to make up, and he's not here. I fell back to sleep but when i got up, i came out to the living room and guess what.... he's on the game system AGAIN!!

ufollakaitlin
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:44 AM

I may sound like a total bitch but I'd take the game out, unplug the system and break the game in half. Hello, is he paying attention now?!?!

jessnjosh87
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:46 AM

I hate DH in bed with me, I make him sleep on the couch...sorry but you shouldn't make him go to bed if he doesn't want to, hes a grown man.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)