• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stick to people my "Own Age"

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:44 PM
  • 37 Replies

I've been told alot over the past few days on CM that because I am only 19 and only pregnant with my first kid, I am immature, "too young", and don't have any right to share my opinion.

Yes I know I am young, but I have been married sense I was 17, take care of my own house, work part time, while my DH works full time. I'm not just some random young dumb 19 year old. It bugs me incredibly, but saying that, is only because "I'm 19 and most 19 year old over react over nothing."

So I'm pretty sure I am going to stick to this group and be with people my own age so I can stop hearing it. Just because I'm young doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about and don't have a right to share how I feel, sorry but its true. Anyone else feel the same way?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MzHuycke
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:46 PM
Lol i'm 19 on my second kid... ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Gaddis
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:48 PM

Congrats to you :) How old is your first? I am super excited to finally be having mine, if I had it my way, i'd prolly be on my second. lol.

shortycmlb
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:00 PM

I just turned 20 and i have a 2 yr old n 7 month old.

i get this all the time.

ufollakaitlin
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:01 PM

I had a similar experience with an older mom yesterday. She had completely misread the question I had posted and started telling me how I'm too young to understand the real world and my parents should be angry with me that I'm pregnant at 18(and not married) but I still go to school and since I lost my job I've been searching for a new one. I believe that being a mom has nothing to do with your age but with your maturity. And there is definitely no age where you're too young to love your child!!!! We can do it just as well as moms older than us. Best of luck with your journey into mommy-hood! simple smile

KaroGreenly
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:04 PM
I was 19 when I joined CM. I haven't experienced that. I just gave my opinion and didn't include my age. A lot of the women that I've known on here for a while were shocked to discover that I was so young. I'm sorry that you're experiencing this, just keep trying new groups until you find one where you fit. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
britishmummy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:05 PM

That's BS! I am 19 and pregnant with my first too!! (Congrats lady!!) so you must have sadly gotten the stuck up idiots of the group.

Ignore the rude comments =] Alot of the immature ladies are older than us anyway!!

Mrs.Gaddis
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:07 PM

that is the same way i feel, age has nothing to do with it, if you are muture enough to be able to take care of your child, excpecially (no offence to anyone please) but if you have been trying to have that child. I just think it is dumb that just because some women are older, wiser, and maybe been through more the actually think they have the right to look at me, you, and aparently other women and  pretty much say "Your to young, shut up" and thank you, Good luck to you too :) Congrats on you still being in school, My sister had 2 by time she graduated, I know it was hard for her, but you can do it..

Quoting ufollakaitlin:

I had a similar experience with an older mom yesterday. She had completely misread the question I had posted and started telling me how I'm too young to understand the real world and my parents should be angry with me that I'm pregnant at 18(and not married) but I still go to school and since I lost my job I've been searching for a new one. I believe that being a mom has nothing to do with your age but with your maturity. And there is definitely no age where you're too young to love your child!!!! We can do it just as well as moms older than us. Best of luck with your journey into mommy-hood! simple smile

CafeMom Tickers
Mrs.Gaddis
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:10 PM

exactly! Thats the same thing I said. & thank you, congrats to you too

Quoting britishmummy:

That's BS! I am 19 and pregnant with my first too!! (Congrats lady!!) so you must have sadly gotten the stuck up idiots of the group.

Ignore the rude comments =] Alot of the immature ladies are older than us anyway!!

CafeMom Tickers
Mrs.Gaddis
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:13 PM

Well lucky you lol.. I was asked my age, how old my DH was, how long I had been TTC, then turns it against me and was like "well figured it would make your story more interesting, it all makes sense that you were upset sense your so young, my 19 year old over reacts over nothing also." (The thread was about a woman saying she would rather go drink than be pregnant.)

Quoting KaroGreenly:

I was 19 when I joined CM. I haven't experienced that. I just gave my opinion and didn't include my age. A lot of the women that I've known on here for a while were shocked to discover that I was so young. I'm sorry that you're experiencing this, just keep trying new groups until you find one where you fit. Good luck.

CafeMom Tickers
KaroGreenly
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:17 PM
Like I said, keep trying different groups until you find one where you fit. But, I'm glad you like it here.

Quoting Mrs.Gaddis:

Well lucky you lol.. I was asked my age, how old my DH was, how long I had been TTC, then turns it against me and was like "well figured it would make your story more interesting, it all makes sense that you were upset sense your so young, my 19 year old over reacts over nothing also." (The thread was about a woman saying she would rather go drink than be pregnant.)

Quoting KaroGreenly:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)