• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am a good mom, and I am sick of people thinking otherwise.

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:48 PM
  • 5 Replies

angry

I got pregnant with I was 17 yrs old. And it was my senior year in high school. I had a full ride to Arizona State to finish my swimming career. When I got pregnant, I had to give up these things, so that I could give this baby the best that life has to offer. My parents are so very hard on me. I made it through my first year of motherhood, I have my own apartment, I pay all of my own bills, and I am a college student. But yet that is never enough for them. My SO and I have been together for 3 years, got pregnant at our 1st year. We are now planning my wedding and they are stil continuing to cause issues. They constantly make rude remarks and are very unsupportive to the fact that I am in love with this man, and I am going to marry him. They are so rude. I am so sick of this and I need them to stop. I have said many times that they are hurting me but that doesn't change anything. My relationship with my mother went from amazing to barely hanging on just because of the baby. My stepdad and I were also close, now I can't stand him. My aunts and uncles are also very unsupportive on that side of the family because of the horrible things that my mom and stepdad have said about my SO. Yes he is not perfect, but who is? He works a 60 hr work week so that I can stay home with our 1 yr old son and not pay for daycare. But yet, that job that supports us and lets us live happy is not good enough in their eyes. I am sorry about the venting session, but I just need to get it out. I am a great mom and they always criticize me about how I put my new family before them, and that my house is too messy, or that he naps to much. I am a good mom and I know that, and I love my SO and he is an amazing father. I just wish it would stop. Thank you for listening. 

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jessnjosh87
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:49 PM

Then stop talking to them. period. 

JayBearsmomma
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:53 PM
I'm so sorry ur family is unsupportive it sounds to me like ur doing a great job and for what its worth I am very proud of u!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
B-FigNewton
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:59 PM

It will be ok! You just have to find people who will support you to be around.

LoveMyLos
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:05 PM

my parents are the same way. it finally came down to, you either shut the fuck up, or you have no dd or grandkids. and left it at that. it mild down a while, then i had to have my mother removed from my house by the cops, so that was my breaking point. i went apeshit on both of them and told enough is enough. it is my life, take it or leave it. so far everything is descent, had a stretch where my father comepletely ignored my infant dd, but that stopped on its own after about 2 months. and things are fine now.  but my parents know now that i have no problem telling them where to go and dropping them like a bad habit. 

just stand up for yourself. tell them they either back it down or go away. good luck mama, and youre ding just fine!

ATG499
by Wendy on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Vent away, momma! I'm sorry your family is so unsupportive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)