Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did your new guy accept your kids? PIOG

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:42 PM
  • 12 Replies

im not actively looking for mr. right but i know someday i will want to be with someone again. i deff need to work on myself first. but my question is...how do you start dating without scaring them off based on the fact that you have kids? did you wait to bring it up or tell them from the get go? im worried if guys know i have kids they will hit the ground running and i have 3 kiddos.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ATG499
by Wendy on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:14 AM

I don't like to play games. If someone is going to date me, they're going to know I'm a mother. My son comes before anyone, and that needs to be made clear from the get go. Not that I have to worry about that, right now. I've been single for a year and I love it!

KylersMom8-16-7
by Platinum Member on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:21 AM

I am with the father of my kids and have been 6 years but if we weren't together and I was ready to start dating I would tell the guy I had kids right away. If you didn't it wouldn't really be fair to the guy, he deserve to know and you deserve to know how the guy feels.

mommy0708toJC
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:24 AM

I've had allot of men walk away from me due to the fact that yep I have kids, it take a very mature man to accept the fact I had past relationships and I have kids from my marriage. I guess you could say that its hard to find them but they are sooo out there. I would be up front about the fact of my kids they are apart of who you are.  where you from? I'm in sc but from VA area newport news/hampton.

"No, life isn't fair, but I try to be."

Anita Blake

sxymomma20
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 1:13 AM

well nvr been through bc my bestguy friend is my bf now and he has been there everysince i had a kid by someone else and all that process and now that were together for 2 yrs he has been nothing but the daddy of my son

JayBearsmomma
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 10:53 AM
I would tell them right from the begining and if they really like u they will accept u and ur kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toughnsweet
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:43 PM
I've been with my husband and the father of my children for 5 years, so I have no advice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_raines
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:46 PM

my husband is the father to my boys but my sister has a 3 yr old daughter and she has a boyfriend who is planning on proposing to her this week. He loves her daughter very much. So when you are  ready to date just be upfront and honest about you children. If he runs away then he wasnt worth it. There are guys out there that will love your children.

pugsrulethewrld
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 1:13 PM
I would definitely tell them right away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reyreybella01
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 1:28 PM

my kids are my life, and if he wants to be in my life... well he had to pass my kids test first.. lol Its not up to the guy to accept my kids... Its me who accepted him into mine and my kids lives. My kids where 1 almost 2 and 2 almost 3 at the time. now they are almost 5, and 6. and we have 1 together.

Id tell them right up front, but meeting the kids id take it slow. If you guys become serious,meaning you guys are going to have sex... then Id let him meet your kids.

AutymsMommy
by Member on Jun. 5, 2011 at 1:31 PM

I only had one child when I met my husband. He had no children. He not only "tolerated her", he accepted her with open arms. Our second date, Autumn was invited. He took us to the zoo, Gatti Town, rented a movie, we all made dinner and ate together.

We have been married now for three wonderful years. We have a son together. He formally (legally) adopted Autumn as his own a year ago. It was finalized last month. He is a wonderful father to both of our children.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. My husband is head of my home. I am a proud Roman Catholic, as is my husband.             Aimee

Follow my blog at:

http://unexpurgatedmom.blogspot.com/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)