Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

will he ever grow up?!?! *vent*

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:59 AM
  • 7 Replies
I am really getting annoyed with my oldest son's father. He joined the army to "better" himself but yet I have seen no change. He is still irresponsible. He is in boot right now and he had to have my son's birth certificate and ss card so I gave them to his staff sergeant and he held on them til they got to boot and then handed them to him to take to the person in charge of payroll there. His sergeant even addressed and stamped the envelope for him all he had to do was drop it in the mail. Well that has been a month ago and I still have not received it. Now I got to call a whole bunch of people to figure out his insurance because my son is on it to and he sent me the wrong papers and everything else. I'm getting tired of his family making me out to be the bad person on all of this when it is his responsibility to take care of this to .I'm not the only parent here. He has been this way since day one. He has told his family and friends that I am keeping his son away from him when the truth was I was asking him to come to appointments and to join us at parks and so on but he would never answer me. It's taking its toll on me and I don't know if I can handle to stress of it anymore.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Emilita
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:03 AM

Unfortunately, the answer is maybe. Some men grow up, others stay boys forever. My DH has grown up a lot since we had our son; I also know a 54 year old man who acts like a teenager most of the time, early 20s when he's being unusually responsible. It just varies ... but I hope yours grows up!

unbrokenhellmus
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:19 AM
I agree with pp. Some grow up some do not. It took my so thirty two years to grow up. He is thirtyfour now. I hope yours grows up for his son and your sanity.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JayBearsmomma
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:51 AM
I'm sorry, my baby daddy is a Marine and he still hasn't grown up and he has been in for 6 years
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:29 PM

sorry you are having to deal with that

NearSeattleMom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:30 PM

hugs

yezay
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:33 PM
That's why my sons father and I aren't together he just can't grow up! Everything he does he fucks up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goobersmom713
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:43 PM
We aren't together. I am engaged to my other son's father. It is just so heart breaking because my oldest really don't know his father but at least he has a great role model now.

Quoting yezay:

That's why my sons father and I aren't together he just can't grow up! Everything he does he fucks up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)