Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't Know What To Do

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:41 AM
  • 13 Replies

My family says that I have to move out before the baby is born and I am now 8 months pregnant.  I'm still with the father of my child but he isn't doing much to help and it is driving me nuts.  He makes no effort to find a job and he breaks practically everything in the house because he is so inconsiderate.  I will admit that he is getting better but I am already 8 months pregnant so I don't think he will be any help when the baby comes.  My family's home  is such a negative environment too that I don't even want my child here when he comes.

I've applied for government assistance but since I live with my parents now, they count their income and they make too much money.  So what do I do in between the time where I am with my parents until I move out?  Do I have to be homeless with my child?  :'(

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JayBearsmomma
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:47 AM
Omg I'm not sure, did u explain to housing assistance that they r kicking u out? Maby they will have a change of heart once the baby comes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyJill87
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:49 AM

I would tell the assitance people of your situation, and have your parents maybe tell them that they are kicking you out, that way they know you aren't lying......it sucks that with less than a month left they are kicking you out, because anything with gov't assistance takes along time, I applied for housing assistance, and got a letter nearly 8 months later saying I was at the top of the list.....

I'm sorry, I wish you the best of luck.

baby development

baby

pregnant
momoftwins_2
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:05 PM

thats sad that your family is kicking you out while youre almost due.

stacyemmy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:35 PM

I would say I was homeless..because if they're kicking you out you will be..How old are you? I know once you turn 18 in ohio they count you and your child separate for everything but food stamps..

1.hot.mama2005
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:10 PM
Oh wow. I dont know what to tell you. But I hope things work themselves out soon. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
B-FigNewton
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Go to a shelter.

lovealot0587
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:46 PM
I'm sorry u are going thru that is there any other family that u might be able to stay with? I hope it gets better for u soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sxymomma20
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:51 PM

tell them that you buy and prepare your own food seperate from your parents and that they charge you rent to live there

LoveMyLos
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 5:15 PM

sounds like a man i want to have a kid with. reapply. tell them youre not living there. they didn't count my parents income when i lived there with my ds. but every state is dif. 

and leave your baby daddy. he sounds useless.

Kristenn
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 5:31 PM
Wow... That's just wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)