Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

giving birth

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:42 PM
  • 30 Replies

How many moms gave birth natural i did i was going to get the epidural but decided not to it was painful but my delivery was fast and i got back on my feet alot faster. lost of people i know who has gotten pain medication took longer to give birth and took longer to heal..is that true? when i do have another baby i plan on going natural again.

Marine Wife <3

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sxymomma20
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:56 PM

i had emergency c-section for my first hated it 2nd son  c-section was great i healed pretty fast i only took one pain pill just because of the first sitting up and strecthing........im not a big fan of pain pills not sure what to expect if I ever have another child and do without c-section,probably the only way by that is different doctor office

mommy2dallas602
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:58 PM

I had a c section first but am going to atempt a natural vbac in November with this baby Im pregnant with

1.hot.mama2005
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:59 PM
I have had all by c-section. But here is a bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannonLopez
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:02 PM

Quoting mommy2dallas602:

I had a c section first but am going to atempt a natural vbac in November with this baby Im pregnant with

were you scared of a c section? and that great good luck :) when in november is your baby due?

theirmommy88
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:04 PM

I was induced with my oldest and had her without any pain medication, no epidural.. It hurt like hell. 15 hour labor almost 3 hours of pushing. I will never be induced again. 

My youngest was born c-section thanks to OB and nurses scare tactics. The recovery time after my youngest  was born was A LOT faster than with my oldest. But laying on the table to be cut open was less stressful than baring down to push a baby out for 3 hours. 

If we get pregnant again, I'm going VBAC and I want a water birth this time dang it. (and no pain meds/epidural)

ShannonLopez
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Quoting sxymomma20:

i had emergency c-section for my first hated it 2nd son  c-section was great i healed pretty fast i only took one pain pill just because of the first sitting up and strecthing........im not a big fan of pain pills not sure what to expect if I ever have another child and do without c-section,probably the only way by that is different doctor office

yeah either am i i would rather do with out pain pills...yeah and im not sure but most likely if you had 2 c-sections then if you were to get pregnate again the doc might just go ahead and set you up for a c section but i could be wrong "/

CharmedP
by Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:10 PM
I gave birth vaginally, with no medical intervention at all both times and I will do the same this time. The only reason I would ever consider any form of medical intervention is if my life or babies is in danger.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrownEyedGirl86
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:17 PM
I got up to 7ish cms w no mrs. But I tag up and gave in. Next baby I will try to go natural.

But I fly fine after birth. Walking around and what not. I was sore butttt I was good walking around outta the house in 2 wks tops.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2dallas602
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Quoting ShannonLopez:

Quoting mommy2dallas602:

were you scared of a c section? and that great good luck :) when in november is your baby due?

I was terrified and had a horrible experience that was traumatizing lol. and Im due November 21 if I have a vbac or November 14 if I decide to just get a c section.

nicolettesmommy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:27 PM
I got the epidural at last mins. But my labor went so fast I was in labor for 8 hours and only pushed for 21 mins.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)