Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to have a baby! Please Say your Oppinion!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:16 AM
  • 23 Replies

Poll

Question: Is 23 a good age to have your first baby?

Options:

Yes

No

Only if both of you are working

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 65

View Results

Hi guys,

I decided to join CafeMom and the pregnancy group because I have beed dreaming to get pregnant and have a baby for very long time. I am 22 now I and in the December I will be 23. I have just started my first internship in a good company. I have my boyfriend for 3 years already and we have been talking to get married and have kids. Bt he is not working yet plus right now he lives in another country. I am a bit confused how to make the things work so that everything is ok and it won'd seem like I am rushing to have a baby without being prepared and having provided the basics for a baby.

What do you guys think? What would you do in my place?

feeding baby

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BrownEyedGirl86
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:18 AM
Honestly get him to live w you/ get married first. You wanna be used to each other n have a solid foundation then add a child. Should reduce stress a bit.

And an internship you are getting paid so how you you have $$ to take care of a child and buy them what they need?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NICHOLE87
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:26 AM
I agree dont rush anything it will all come together
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SkylersMommy22
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:45 AM
I think 23 is a good age but right now u are not in a good spot. U two need to be in the same house not in separate countries. He needs a job bc there will come a time when u can't work...and u two need to make sure u can live together. LOL. It's easier to figure this stuff out before theres a baby on the way....why is he in a different country?
MommyJill87
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:53 AM

Quoting SkylersMommy22:

I think 23 is a good age but right now u are not in a good spot. U two need to be in the same house not in separate countries. He needs a job bc there will come a time when u can't work...and u two need to make sure u can live together. LOL. It's easier to figure this stuff out before theres a baby on the way....why is he in a different country?

baby development

baby

pregnant
tyanneS
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:11 AM
Get married first!! Spend some quality time together. It's changes with kids! While it changes for the better kids can be stressful and cost a lot!! Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1arianna6
by Arianna on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:15 PM

i woukd wait until both of you are settled into your careers and theres time for a baby. and you two should be married and living together. just makes for a happier family if you are together.

hope everything works out

mydarlingsofia
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:01 PM

I think 23 is a good age, but your bf doesn't even live in the same country, so I wouldn't do it if I were you. 23 is still young so even if it takes 2-3 years before you can have a baby, you're only gonna be 25 or 26, which is still young too. I wouldn't rush anything!! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

LancesMom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:41 PM

I had mine at 25. I think 23 is a good age. But you may want to get married and a few things out of the way before committing to children.

LilDzMamma2010
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:44 PM
I had mine at 16 so 23 would have been pretty ideal for me....but I'm now working going to school both full time. I am happily engaged and we live on our own :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:46 PM

I'm 23 and having my second. You two should probably try to get married and live together first before adding a baby though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)