• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is what we did today, have you guys?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:06 PM
  • 9 Replies

How many of you guys have set up a will ? Today my bf took me to visit my first son  that pasted away 5 yrs ago  well we stopped into the office and  then we ended up getting to burial plots for 22  bucks a month since my son is buried in the same area they ve gave 1000 off so all we have to do is pay alittle over 1000 for two....So were paying 50 down and then  come tax time were wipping it clean . My bf said were work on the grave markers and caskets after..He told me he wants to do this just in case something happens its no headaches for anyone  because he has seen  what had happen when his grandma past.I think were doing something worth wild for to protect our families for heartaches and to make sure my  son is taken care of .The guy there gave us this little book to help us write down everythign and anything  and told us where we can get a will at for cheap.So on our next off day this coming weekend  were going to write down everything  and then come tax time Im going to set up life insurance .My question that im kinda curious on too since my son is my and his biospermdonar wont sign over his rights complety  but wont pay any child support in my will would i have to put in the will who i want my son to go too ..I rather him to stay with my bf and his family  even though no blood btw them  verse the exspermdonar that i doubt my son will be taken care.I want to get that fix but not sure how too.I know probably October Im going to push either you pay your childsupport or you sign over complety he is already over 2000 behind so maybe everything goes has plan.I think its good that were setting it all up hopefully the life insurance isnt that high to for all.

Im a mother ,Im housekeeper, Im a hardass worker,I barely sleep ,Im very adhd ,I tell it like it is,I have my fears,Im madly in love,I believe in God,I lack driving skill,Im addicted to abc family shows,I want more tattoos,I have piercings,but dont wear nothing in them,I was born with a clubfoot,I Dream big and live little,and I dont wanna be anyone, but me!
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SkylersMommy22
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:34 PM
As long as he's on the bc I'm almost positive rights would be given to sperm donor...but it sounds like your plan in October will solve that problem. Shoot, I'd have him do both if possible....Idk how serious u and ur bf are but I hope everything works out cuz that was a big step...I'd even look into your bf adopting your son...after u get married and know deep down its the right choice.
SkylersMommy22
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:37 PM
But hopefully nothing will happen to you when ur sons still too young to decide for himself...
KaroGreenly
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:50 PM
I want to be cremated. Cremation and funeral service costs less than a decent casket. Funerals are outrageously expensive. I use to work at a funeral home. There are things that you can do to make it cheaper. Pay in advance, don't be embalmed, little things can make it a bit cheaper. I'd say that having everything arranged in advance really helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_raines
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:01 PM

hubby and I both want to be cermated 

alleycat_2
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:24 PM
I want to be cremated and I already told dh that's what is going to happen in the event of his untimely death. He is ok with it. Maybe you an get a notarized letter that in the event anything were to happen to you that you want the bio dad to not have custody. Maybe find someone to talk to about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HollyHawk333
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:38 PM
When I was preggo with our first we set up a will and what we want after we die. We even wrote letters to the girls and family members. I think it's important to have a plan and something legal and in writing. Just incase.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovinLiv
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:05 PM
I have set up a will stating my wishes hoping that my ex loses rights before anything happens to me, my daughter doesn't know her father and I am done taking him to court I've just decided to let it go the year without contact and cs and him lose his rights. It's at 6 months right now. But I need to change my will because right now she goes to my mom but my mom has als and won't be around much longer and can't take care of her so if something were to happen to me tomorrow I'm not sure what might happen. but right now I'm in a serious relationship and pregnant again so if my bf and I work out and we end up getting married the kids will obviously go to him and if anything happens to the 2 of us both kids would go to his mom. But until I'm at least engaged I'm not rewriting my will for her to go to him. I don't have cemetery plots but I do have a living will that also needs to be redone and I have what I want to happen after I die in my will. But my main concerns aren't taken care of and I hate that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovealot0587
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:46 PM

i havent done any of that but looking at in that way makes me want to get it done. You never know what may happen and I would much rather know things are taken care of rather than make my family worry and stress over anything uncessary

JayBearsmomma
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:28 PM

i havent but i need to

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)