• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think Lady Gaga will announce tomorrow at the VMAs?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:11 PM
  • 9 Replies

From The Stir - What do you think she'll do/announce?  What do you think of her video?

Lady Gaga’s Special Announcement Better Be Good

Posted by Lindsay Mannering
on August 17, 2011  

So have you seen Lady Gaga's video for "You and I" yet? It's six minutes of totally wacky fun not limited to mermaid sex and dental torture devices. It's the kind of country video you'd expect Shania Twain would make if she were on LSD and hadn't slept in three months. (Video is after the jump in case you missed it.) Anyway, Gaga is in the news for not only her new video, but because she's about to make some sort of "amazing" announcement on MTV tomorrow night. Fellow little monsters, we must set our DVRs!

She's going on the network to apparently reveal something about her upcoming performance at the Video Music Awards airing on August 28. She'll be on MTV tomorrow starting at 7:49 p.m. EST to introduce the "You and I" video, talk up her VMA appearance, and answer some fan questions live. Fans can submit questions by going to MTV.com or tweeting @MTVNEWS using the hashtag #MTVGAGA.

I wonder what Gaga is going to announce about her VMA act. I hope it's good! Let's see: She's already conquered the pop world with her music, she's dabbled in rock, now she's got a country song ... could the Gagster be revealing the next musical genre she's going into? If so, I really hope it's reggae. She could show up in a dress made of marijuana to the VMAs (what a fashion and political statement it would be -- wonder if she could be arrested for possession though) and answer every question on the red carpet by only saying "boom fiyah."

I don't want to be all "I'm so on the cutting edge," buuuuuuut I've thought for a while that Gaga should do a duet with Bob Marley, just how Natalie Cole did a duet with her dead father, Nat King Cole. If I could choose, they'd do "One Love." Call me crazy, but I think it'd be phenomenal.

Regardless of a hopeful duet with a dead dude, I'll be looking forward to Gaga's announcement on Thursday night. What is it?!

In the meantime, watch her video for "You and I" and get pumped for her VMA performance, whatever it might entail.

What do you think Gaga will announce and/or do at the VMAs?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
.Angelica.
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:43 PM

Don't follow her or the VMA's LOL

mommy_raines
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:11 PM

honestly, I don't any interest in her or an announcement

NearSeattleMom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:52 PM

With her, you never know!  She does have an inflated view of herself, though.

JayBearsmomma
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:32 PM

??? what did she announce?

momoftwins_2
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 4:15 PM

maybe shes pregnant.....AHAHAHAHAHA

ATG499
by Wendy on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:19 AM

She announced that she was hosting opening the VMAs. Boo!

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1669333/lady-gaga-opening-2011-vmas.jhtml

Lilypie - (9e1N)

lovemybug0992
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:29 AM

eh Ill be impressed when she comes clean about however much of the sex change process shes gone through. I honestly am not totally convinced that she is even fully female now let alone that she was born female.

momoftwins_2
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 4:50 PM

uhh? lol....

Quoting lovemybug0992:

eh Ill be impressed when she comes clean about however much of the sex change process shes gone through. I honestly am not totally convinced that she is even fully female now let alone that she was born female.

sandra_t00
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 6:06 PM
That she was born male

That she likes all gendered people

She is retiring

I don't.know and I don't care
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)