• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

breech baby

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:06 PM
  • 13 Replies

so I went to the hospital midwife clinic at 32 weeks they told me she was in birthing possition head down.

well I went back today I am 34 weeks pregnate but am on the beginning of my 35th week.  they told me she flipped and is now in breech possition.  they told me to not worry that she probably she probably just has a little more space to flip still.

they gave me exercises/ possitions to go into to encourage her to fip upside down again. 

I have to keep on doing this if she does not do this on her own they will have to manually flip her at 38 weeks.  this is when two doctors press down on the belly to flip the baby.

from what the midwife told me this is very painful.  so I am going to be doing the exersices everyday for 20 minutes at a time a day in hopes she will get the hang of it again.

Does anyone else have this problem or had this problem?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WMyLil_Star13
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:12 PM

nope not so far, my baby has been head down since the beginning I think he like it that way I dunno. Anyways I hope she turns around for you...I am sure everything will work out. Good Luck Mama!

lovealot0587
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:33 PM
I haven't gone through that I hope the baby moves for u good luck momma
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Newmommy0711559
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:40 PM

Well im not as far along as you are i am only 28 weeks going into my 29th on saturday and my baby girl is breech, but i know she has tons of time to flip around still. but good luck hun.

ambiibooxo
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:44 PM
I thought if ur baby was breech they gave u a c-section?

Them flipping her sounds very painful..

But good luck, I hope the exercises work for u
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaroGreenly
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:23 PM
Is this your first baby? If it is, why would they flip her more than 3 weeks before you're likely to deliver?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherrynarissa
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:33 PM

Quoting KaroGreenly:

Is this your first baby? If it is, why would they flip her more than 3 weeks before you're likely to deliver?

they will be doing manually if she does not do it on her own at 38 weeks 2 weeks before the due date.  this is my first baby.

they are just worried as I am a gestational diabetic.  which I have been able to controll with my diet.  so she is so far exactly normal sized

KaroGreenly
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:43 PM
The average gestation for a first baby is 41 weeks 3 days. So yes, it's 2 weeks before your ESTIMATED due date, but 3 weeks before a first time mom would deliver (on average).

I know nothing about breech babies. Both of mine flipped early, I was just wondering why they would do it so early. I've heard of them doing it while a woman its in labor, but never heard of it happening weeks ahead of time.

Quoting cherrynarissa:

Quoting KaroGreenly:

they will be doing manually if she does not do it on her own at 38 weeks 2 weeks before the due date.  this is my first baby.

they are just worried as I am a gestational diabetic.  which I have been able to controll with my diet.  so she is so far exactly normal sized

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Not me, bump.

.Angelica.
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:16 PM

never had that happen. good luck, hope she turns on her own for you.

cherrynarissa
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Quoting KaroGreenly:

The average gestation for a first baby is 41 weeks 3 days. So yes, it's 2 weeks before your ESTIMATED due date, but 3 weeks before a first time mom would deliver (on average).

I know nothing about breech babies. Both of mine flipped early, I was just wondering why they would do it so early. I've heard of them doing it while a woman its in labor, but never heard of it happening weeks ahead of time.

Quoting cherrynarissa:

Quoting KaroGreenly:

I don't really know but they said that the placenta or uterus ( i forgot which) become brittle twice as quickly when someone has gestational diabetes than with a normal person.  they said they will normally not say anything to a woman woman untill 2-3 weeks past her due date.

I will ask them more about this topic though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)