Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tired and weak :( low iron? really scared :(

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:42 AM
  • 13 Replies
i was told at my last WIC appt. that my iron levels are low, I didn't do anything for it, and I do have heavy menstral periods and had my daughter 10 months ago via c-section. I had some issues in the past with iron pills making me really sick, and I can't seem to force myself to eat liver (which is high in iron) or anything like that. Anyone else suffer with low iron? what do you do for it? I really want to feel better!! :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ATG499
by Wendy on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:28 AM

Talk with your actual physician instead of a WIC counselor. Your doctor will be able to tell you if you have anemia or not. If you do, just let them know that the iron pills you took last time made you sick and see if they can give you a different prescription.

carolina_gal
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:36 AM

hugs 

mommy_raines
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:15 AM

there are different iron pills. Have tried different ones?  Also, eat some red meat! Good source of iron in meat. I hope you find a pill that wont make you sick

.Angelica.
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:03 AM

I got some iron pills from whole foods and didn't have any issues with them making me feel sick. Red meat is also good for getting some iron.

1arianna6
by Arianna on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:27 PM

i was on iron pills but stopped taking them. not because they made me sick just because lol.

when i would start to feel weak i would eat the meat from a lunchable or sometype of lunch meat. it had iron and may help you feel better.

also try looking up a high iron diet, im sure there plenty of other things other than liver :)

GL

jessnjosh87
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Other iron pills, multivitamin, DARK leafy veggies, any type of red meat, fish....there are a ton of ways to get it up.

ProudYoungMumma
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:30 PM

Yes i would say its iron. I was feeling very slow and sluggish.. Then I found out my iron was extremly low and started taking two iron pills a day. It gave me energy very quickly

Oops, i didnt read the part about iron pills making you sick. Jello has a lot of iron!!! Believe it or not haha. Also red meats. =)

momoftwins_2
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:37 PM

vitamins?

JayBearsmomma
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:26 PM
Iron pills will help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sara52
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:29 PM

I have always had low iron, i'm anemic. Pills always made me sick and just caused problems so i stopped taking them and i just take a one a day instead. It has everything you need and it is healthier for you becuase it has all the vitamins you need. Also eat a lot of green veggitables and peanut butter helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)