Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:57 AM
  • 9 Replies

I read an article that states spanking your child is abuse...What do you think?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
XpectTwins92808
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:23 AM
In Missouri if u spank ur child and the mark last 24 hours it's abuse.... but if u do it in public ppl here always call cops on ya and say u are abusing them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NearSeattleMom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:10 AM

I think some spanking is abusive.  But not all.  There are way too many factors to make a blanket statement one way or the other, if you ask me.

arianaxangel23
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:14 AM
I agree

Quoting NearSeattleMom:

I think some spanking is abusive.  But not all.  There are way too many factors to make a blanket statement one way or the other, if you ask me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tankster
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:45 AM
I grew up getting spanked. I don't have an issue with it if it is deserved and doesn't leave a mark. I quick swat on the butt or hand it's usually enough to get your point across with a young child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
remaining_me
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:23 AM

eh, idk. im not a spanker n dont find it right for me, but thats not to say that i think everyone who uses the method is an abusers.

3508yay
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:01 AM
Im not religious but spare the rod spoil the child. Im not saying hit ur kids and spank them with objects. But a swat now and then to remind them of whats ok and whats not i feel is alright. Ive spanked dd maybe twice and not hard but now she starts acting up i ask her if i gotta swat her tush and she says no and there is no more issues. Time outs and toy taking and stufff didnt work. She doesnt get spanked hardly ever but if it comes to the point i feel she needs to be put back in place then it will be done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisBabyGirl0312
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:23 AM
in maine, you can spank your child as long as you dont leave any marks. dhhs flat out told my mother that before, when my sister use to be a "wild child".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bonita.mami
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:18 AM

If you dont leave a mark then i think its fine.

ATG499
by Wendy on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:42 PM

I think it's only abuse if you're leaving bruises and/or leaving your child visibly traumatized.

When I spank Adrian, there's almost always a red mark. That's not really avoidable. Now, if I ever left a bruise and/or a welt on his behind, I would most definitely expect a visit from CPS.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)