• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how many people...

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:06 AM
  • 13 Replies
Another post got me thinking and wondering...

How many here put their kiddos to bed to cry themself to sleep when they are overly fussy, teething, or in a needy stage? I'm not talking your typical cio method at bedtime which is an actual gradual method with the end result supposed to be a good bed time routine with no tears. I mean like as a last resort, or coping mechanism?

I never have, I'd rather spend my entire day trying a billion different things to soothe and calm, hearing my son cry breaks me down much worse than the mild frustration I feel at not being able to meet his needs quickly enough, especially when even he doesn't seem to know what he needs lol.

Everyone play nice here, respect reach other as patented and understand that we all just do what's best for our family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thankme
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:28 AM

I don't because I think that's when they need use most when there in pain.Plus I think the moms who do that have some male complaining about the baby or child crying so much and he don't want to dell with it so the mommies try to what dad want so they want have to here his month witch I think is stupid because your putting a men before you child who crying for comfort and love.So but my kids come first before anything expect GOD.juggling

3508yay
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:52 AM
When dd was little (dh and i got together when dd was 11 months old) she made the slightest noise that she was gonna get upset he was there holding her and making sure there wasnt something he could do to make her happy and conmfortable. Shes almost 4 now and in her own room and not much has changed lol. We have had to do the cio method when it was obvious she just wanted to play at 3am lol. Jesse has always cared about her more than than anything else no wonder shes such a daddys girl. Lol. No person should EVER come between a parents bond with there child ever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vipergirl22
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:13 AM

I have let my daughter cry. When I have done all I can and she is still crying I let her cry. My kid is almost 2 and she does need to learn to sooth herself at times. The only time I don't let her cry it out is when she is screaming in the middle of the night and doesn't calm herself but if she continues and once again I have done all I can then I let her cry. And so people know its not because of my husband I do this..I do this because sometimes it has to happen. And it probly sounds cruel to some but its what works for my family and really that is who it needs to work for.

MaTTsBBmAmA
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:38 AM
My kids have always slept in their own rooms with no problems since birth..... If that's all they ever know then what's there to cry about it's normal. If they are sick or in pain well camp out in the living room together but if its an obvious tantrum i let it run its course....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:05 AM

no.

arianaxangel23
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:40 PM
Nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JayBearsmomma
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:19 PM
I used the CIO method and it worked great for me, he eventually learned to soothe hiself
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ATG499
by Wendy on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:20 PM

I have, but it was because there was literally nothing else I could do. I had exhausted every other option, to no avail. It upset me just as much as it upset Adrian.

Bonita.mami
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:34 PM

When my lil man is teething, crying etc,,,,I hold him =) My son and I are VERY close. I LOVE holding him, and it helps him feel better. Besides that I do have alternatives to soothe his pain. I only put him to sleep/for a nap when hes tired. His nap time is everyday at noon. I like to keep a schedule.

mommy2dallas602
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:50 PM

When Dallas is sick or teething, I hold and rock him. Letting him cry would be cruel, imo. But shortly after I found out i was pregnant again, dallas was just turning 1 and still waking up every 2 hours for no reason but to be held and rocked so we did CIO. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do because it broke my heart but it only took about a week and now all i have to do is tell him "its time to go night night" and I lay him down and he goes right to sleep, no crying or anything. I didnt want to do it but with another baby coming, i had no choice. Im alone at night so I cant have both babies waking up all night.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)