Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

GOSH BEING A NEW MOM IS HARDER THAN I THOUGHT

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:36 PM
  • 9 Replies

I AM NOT AS SOCIAL AS I WAS BEFORE... I SEE OLD FRENS AND ACTUALLY TRY TO AVOID THEM, I GET WEASILY IRRATED AND FIND MYSELF IN A BAD MOOD ALOT, DOES N E BODY ELSE FEEL THIS WAY????

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
1proudmomma10
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:33 PM

I went through the same thing after my dd was born--the friends I had before I was pregnant are no longer my real friends, but I don't blame myself or them for why.  We were just in completely different parts in our lives and eventally our friendships died because of lack of understanding, not being able to go out whenever i wanted to, and  having nothing in common.  I also (and to this day) envy those who do not have children because I never had the chance to be "selfish", in that I never had the time to find myself, who I wanted to be, have the experience of going to college (i take online classes), just have "me" time, all of it.  I don't regret my life, obviously it was all under my control, but I do wish I would have waited until the time was right for me.  I've sacrificed so much in the past 2 years, and for every mother and parent, there are and always will be difficult times emotionally, physically, mentally.  Just remember not to fall into the mindset of regrets or "what if", don't compare yourself to others or envy them for what they have and you dont.  Be happy where you are, you have the greatest gift in the world--your child!  I have to tell myself this on days that I don't feel all that great lol.  It would help for you to find other young moms in your area to talk to and become friends with, through churches, local groups, or even cm!  (they have a group you can apply to, that will help you meet local moms in your area).  Good luck, and if you need someone to talk to, you can always pm me! 

MommyJill87
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:01 PM

I think its normal, sounds like you grew up and matured which is natural when you have a baby...the only "'friends" I have are like 2 that I have known since kindergarten and I barely see them, DF and I hang out with our parents more than anyone.

I would still try and have a little "you" time to make sure all stays balanced.
Good Luck and just take it a day at time.

baby development

baby

pregnant
i.m.r.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:28 PM

I had that right after DD was born. It was a really tough time the first couple of weeks of her life because I was trying to breastfeed, but she wasn't getting enough milk and we were in and out of the hospital, it was hell. I barely talked to anyone for probably the first month because I had a new baby and I was just too tired and stressed. She's five months now and it's gotten a lot easier. I see my friends at least once a week. They come over and hang out and play with DD which is great. There are a couple of friends that I don't see anymore though. They are still into partying every weekend and doing drugs and I just don't want to be around that anymore. It's not who I am anymore and I don't really want my DD to be exposed to that as well. It's definitely a hard transition, especially being young, most of your friends are in completely different places in their lives. It will get easier, and definitely try and have some you time as well. It will keep you sane and you'll be a better mommy because of it. My parents will watch DD once every week or two weeks just so DH and I can regroup and be refreshed. It really does help.

JayBearsmomma
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:12 PM
Everyone welcomes motherhood differently, I didn't act like that at all tho.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ATG499
by Wendy on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:11 PM

welcome

Have you discussed these issues with your doctor? It sounds like you may have anxiety and/or Post Partum Depression (PPD).

ATG499
by Wendy on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:12 PM

To answer your question, I feel that way quite often.

Bonita.mami
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:18 PM

For me being a new mom was easier than I thought...After few months I sat down, and thought...'"Damn this is hard,'' lol

DamiansMommy11
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:46 PM
Maybe u hv ppd? Go see a dr. Being a mom is hard I thought it would be easier! But I enjoy my son. I'm usually pretty happy unless lacking sleep. It gets harder but u get more rest. But my sons been a good baby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovealot0587
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:56 PM
Being a mom is hard I have 2 kids and I still struggle but when I need help I just ask and usually I will get it. Hope it all gets better for u soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)