Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the BIG us

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:26 PM
  • 15 Replies

i had my BIG ultra sound at 18weeks 5days pregnant and they said it was a GIRL, 

but im really nervous that maybe it was just too early to tell fersure. anyone else have their ultrasound done this early? was it right? did u have it double checked later on? HELLPPPP

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KendraCay
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:28 PM
Mine was done at 18 weeks exactly and it was correct.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JayBearsmomma
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:13 PM
I had mine at 21 weeks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HizzPrincess
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:37 PM

they can tell as early as 14 weeks

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:50 PM

I always had mine done around 20 weeks, but they were spot on for all 3 of my kids.

Welcome to the group!

rananicole
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Quoting HizzPrincess:

they can tell as early as 14 weeks

That's a relief. I am so excited to be having a little girl and would rather not any surprises on the delivery day lol

ATG499
by Wendy on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:53 PM

welcome

I had my gender scan at 20wks, 3days and it was accurate. You will have at least one more ultrasound toward the end of your pregnancy, and you will be able to ask to see the gender again during that time. My suggestion to you is to wait until you know for-sure that the baby is indeed a girl before you purchase any baby items. (Unless you decide to get gender-neutral baby items, in which case I still recommend you do not purchase anything this early in the pregnancy because you may change your mind on the purchase after it is too late to return or exchange.)

rananicole
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:10 PM

thanks for the advice. So far the only things were really buying is furniture. We are a young couple and need to balance out shopping throughout the entire pregnancy, so were looking at cribs, changing tables, and things like that now. but other than that we are waiting until the due date is a little bit closer.

yashira07
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:33 PM

mine where done at 14 weeks all three of them and all of them were correct.

britishmummy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:35 PM
I was told the sex at 13 weeks exactly and it was correct :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
britishmummy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:36 PM
You won't need a crib until the baby is like 4-6 months old :) save the money. My son is 2 months and being married to a navy guy, we're not even looking at cribs until we move to Japan when Greyson is 4 months.

Quoting rananicole:

thanks for the advice. So far the only things were really buying is furniture. We are a young couple and need to balance out shopping throughout the entire pregnancy, so were looking at cribs, changing tables, and things like that now. but other than that we are waiting until the due date is a little bit closer.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)