• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Worried my baby won't know that I am Mommy.

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:06 PM
  • 6 Replies

I work 10 hours a day 5 days a week, then I do little sitting jobs on the weekends so I can pay bills. My mom watches him while I am at work and his other grandma gets him 1 day a week. I am so scared that he will grow up thinking my mom is his mom because she takes care of him during the day. I also nanny for twins his age. Will he grow up thinking Mommy doesn't love me because she spends all her time with those other kids? I know this seems almost ridiculous, but me and his dad both work so hard to make sure he has everything he needs plus food on the table and enough money to pay for all of that. I feel like I should just be a stay at home mom and that would solve everything, but the money problems.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
krystaldawn_21
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:40 PM
Its ok. He will know who you are as long as you always get him after work and such. My sister didn't ever get my nephew so he thought his grandma(my mom) was his mom. Just spend as much time as you can with him. Maybe when you watch the girls and if you can handle 3 kids at one time ask if you can bring your son along to watch the girls. It will be ok momma!
mybbyheh12507
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:43 PM

a child will always know who his\her mother is as long as you spend some quality time with your child

LancesMom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:43 PM

Make sure you make some one on one time with him. It'll make him feel good!

lovealot0587
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:26 PM

i can understand where you are coming from, i work full time and do school full time... the weekend for me is my time with my kids and i feel like i miss out on a whole lot bc of the hours that i do work, i miss out on taking dd to school, being involved with her school and other things. i try to spend as much time with them as possible... i think all moms worry about this type of thing.... feel free to message me anytime

DamiansMommy11
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 12:01 AM
I know how u feel I was a stay at home mom till myaon was 5 months! And when we split I started going to school and working 3 nights a wk. I'd go to school 8-4 and then work 3 nights a wk but he'd be asleep but he was in daycare so it wads lil diff. I dot trust anyone with my kid and me and my fam are so diff a good daycare was best! So maybe it's diff but now me and his dad are back together I'm back at home with him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 2:53 PM

Quoting LancesMom:

Make sure you make some one on one time with him. It'll make him feel good!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)