• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

thoughts on paragaurd iud

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:44 PM
  • 9 Replies
i'm planning on getting paragaurd at my 6 week check up. Has anyone had it? Did you have any problems?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ArronEvanmomma
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:51 PM
No!!! I did it was bad bled for 22 days strait 4 months after it was in I cramped everyday and it was worse than labor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Rounds
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:18 AM
Your one of the first people who i've heard say something bad about it. Thank you for your info though.

Quoting ArronEvanmomma:

No!!! I did it was bad bled for 22 days strait 4 months after it was in I cramped everyday and it was worse than labor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArronEvanmomma
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 1:01 AM
You're welcome if u have any questions just ask

Quoting Mrs.Rounds:

Your one of the first people who i've heard say something bad about it. Thank you for your info though.

Quoting ArronEvanmomma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Rounds
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:10 AM
well i am bad at remembering pills. And had a bad experiance with nuvaring. The hormones made me a bitch. And your supposed to have the least side effects with nuvaring. So i tried to get my OB to agree to tieing my tubes and he recomended this instead.

Quoting ArronEvanmomma:

Quoting Mrs.Rounds:

Quoting ArronEvanmomma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArronEvanmomma
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:55 AM
My doctor said depo would be good. The paraguard was literally puncturing my uterus

Quoting Mrs.Rounds:

well i am bad at remembering pills. And had a bad experiance with nuvaring. The hormones made me a bitch. And your supposed to have the least side effects with nuvaring. So i tried to get my OB to agree to tieing my tubes and he recomended this instead.

Quoting ArronEvanmomma:

Quoting Mrs.Rounds:

Quoting ArronEvanmomma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crosario651
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:35 PM

Ive done pills, patch, marina and depo..

pills im horrible to rememberhad to take two every other day a few times a month..

i stoped taking the pill becausei thought that i could be pregnant becouse i missed a pill, did a test ten days later and it was negative.. then

i did the patch , and they say that u wear a patch once a week for three wks and leave it off for the 4th wk to have a period .. or leave it on to control or own periods well i did that... i was on the patch for two months and i had a period too that lasted around two months, it was like i would have a normal 7 day period and have extra spotting on the days i shouldnt be having a period... well any how i was stressed out to at the time..

i misscaried too after that .. i stoped all birthcontrol.. i did  get pregnant a month later with my first in 2005. and twins in 2006.(Im 25 now in 2011.)

there was a moment that i thought i wasn't pregnant and i wasn't so i got on the marina in 2007.. and the first day i cramped the entire night and had a period.. over time i would go months not having the 7 day period which was awesome! but i just did not know when to expect it. bummer,, but it would only be for 2 , 3 4 days and very light.:) .. but i hated hated the back cramps and abdominal cramps and uterine pinching.. so i had it taken out in 2011..and the first day i thought it was guna get out during the ultra sound i got on the depo shot.. so thati didnot have to come back to that office. and i had to wait a month and a half for my marina removal because there was no available openings sooner!!! that sucked!!! i was moody, extra extra tired!!!

but i had problems with the ob taking it out because the string was not visible. i had an office visit and they could not get in the cervix.. too much pain, my second visit same dayi did ultra sound,the string, very hard for them to get in, and in pain again.. third time the used a numbing shot but it was painful and still couldnt get in.... finally the Fourth time i took a pill the night b4 to dilate my cervix and went to a day surgery center where they put me to sleep for ONE minute and got it out!!!!

so i was so happy and much better.. no more CRAMPS!!!:) but never again with the depo!you can choose your arms or sides or butt .. it has to go in the muscle and it slowly releases the hormones..... so i chose my left arm because i had to drive, my left arm was extremely tired and sore for like a week and i had a bruise for a month where the needle was...

and oh ya im always thirsty and want to eat, but i guess that when ppl start to gain weight so i watch out for that and im fine.. but the OB told me to take extra calcium pill because the depo has bone loss and after 2 yrs being on the shot she recommended that i go on another type of birth-control. so it stays in you for 13 week and then you go do it again and again..

but um.. im not doing that again and now im facing i could be pregnant because they say your covered for 13 weeks but its really pushing it on the 13th wk.. but i dont mind, im not getting younger and i do want more children and my bf has know children of his own.:)

well, this was my experience!!! let me know what you think, sry for abreviations.. it feels like im texting! lol...and my friend is on the nuva ring and she likes it... but the OB said that it adheres to your cervix then you have to pull it out... that sounds like pain to me since what i been through... okay well.. its been lovely ... think about what you want to do,.... everyones body is different.. take care

crosario651
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:38 PM

but i forgot to say marina is 5 years thatrelease hormones and the paraguard is the ten yr the releases the copper to kill the sperm... i wouldnt do it for ten yrs i couldnt go the whole five yrs on the marina! but up to you!

.Angelica.
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:46 PM

never had it. here's a bump

julie002
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:52 PM
My sister has the implanon and she loves it but I think its only for 3 yrs. My friend had the paraguard and had lots of issues she bled for ever when it was first put in and she was in pain for months but she said things got better after the first year but she ended up getting pregnant on it and when they went to take it out it was embeded and they had to take it out piece by piece. I had the mirena for 2 yrs and I loved it except the side effects sucked I felt starved all the time and tired and my husband will be the first to tell you that my sex drive was zero and my mood swings were crazy lol. Just do reserch before you choose I didnt when I got mirena and really wish I would have. GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)