• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Always hungry 2 month old..

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:07 PM
  • 15 Replies

Rylan seems to always be hungry. He's two months and it seems like he eats more than he should. If he doesn't get food he will cry and cry and cry and scream and scream and scream. I don't know what to do seeing as how it's my first baby and im 19. My mom isn't that much help with the feeding situation. I feel bad if I let him cry so I feed him. At night he sometimes gets rice cereal to help him sleep a bit longer. He is so cute when he eats, he covers his eyes and "holds" his bottle. Is okay to let him eat so much? He knows if he's hungry or not right?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
moulinrouge91
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:07 PM
Maybe he is going through a growth spurt?

Here's a bump for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
court.0125
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:09 PM

such a cutie! what a sad face :( lol 

Are you breast or bottle feeding?! 

He could just be going through a growth spurt though? maybe ask your doctor.

JayBearsmomma
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:09 PM

this is a question for his pedi, idk if rice is ok to give a baby at 2 months.

alleycat_2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:11 PM
He is making such a cute face. He is adorable.
About the feeding... My ds was the same way. I gave him a little more during his feeding. For example when he drank 2 ounces I gave him 3 and he didn't cry for more afterwards. Hope it helps. Good lick
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jazmyn823109811
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:15 PM

What a cute mad face:)

mommy2dallas602
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:42 PM
Aw hes cute!
2 months is time for a growth spurt though so its normal :) and when he hits 4 months you can offer rice cereal or oatmeal to help fill him up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momoftwins_2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:49 PM
If he wants to eat, feed him mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sara52
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 4:11 AM

Hes a growing boy! They get like this one time my son when he was 7 months old he ate a whole jar of turkey, a whole jar of yams, a whole jar of apples, and a whole jar of green beens! I was like OMG where are you putting this! If you feel like he is being over fed talk to your doctor its the best person to talk to. Also try other things like playing with him and cuddling it might be just that he wants attention.

lynnie81
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 7:04 AM
He's a growing boy! I would give him more at each feeding to try to keep him full longer. I would talk to his pediatrician if you haven't already, before giving rice cereal at such a young age. Usually they tell you to wait until at least 4 months before giving anything but breast milk or formula because of the risk of developing allergies. Hope this helps! He is a cutie!
crazymama1008
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Dont stress! My 7 month old eats soo much.. he is 24 lbs but 30 inches long..he may just be a big boy! My son is huge but completely healthy..Although he has been rejecting solids lately.UGH! Good luck! and you are doing fine! The fact that you would even worry about this means you are an awesome mom! hold your head up and just feed your starving baby..lol.;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)