Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 year old help

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:07 PM
  • 10 Replies
My dd is almost 4 and is on a pretty tops schedule except the last few days. She has been getting up super early around 430 am then go to sleep at 6 pm. So to try and get her back on her normal routine I have been trying to get her to lay down for a short nap. She's been physical trying to hurt me because of it. She's never acted like this. I'm 5 months pregnant and she has been trying to kick me in the stomach and hit me and she knows I can't pick her up so she grabs hold of me and picks her feet up so I have to support her. I've tried everything I know to try and she's just getting to be an absolute monster. Anyone got any ideas?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
addiesmommy1109
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:00 PM
My 2 year old is acting like this also. She refuses to nap and gets up between 5-6 and wants to stay up until like 10pm or sometimes she actually wants to go to bed at like 5 or 6. I'm 12 weeks pregnant and she tries to kick me and says I kick the baby. She even told my ob that she kicks the baby and he asked her if she loves the baby and she says no hate ( shes 2 idk how she knows these things?) she bites and screams and calls me mean mommy all the time if she doesn't get her way. It's horrible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3508yay
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like here. She wanted a sister and when we told her he was a boy that's when she started acting like this. I tell her she's gonna hurt the baby and she says oh sorry baby Jesse. The biting stopped realquick when I bit her back. I've tried time out and taking things away and even swatting her on the but and telling her no. She's an angel when dh comes home. Even if I call him and have him talk to her it only last till I hang the phone up.

Quoting addiesmommy1109:

My 2 year old is acting like this also. She refuses to nap and gets up between 5-6 and wants to stay up until like 10pm or sometimes she actually wants to go to bed at like 5 or 6. I'm 12 weeks pregnant and she tries to kick me and says I kick the baby. She even told my ob that she kicks the baby and he asked her if she loves the baby and she says no hate ( shes 2 idk how she knows these things?) she bites and screams and calls me mean mommy all the time if she doesn't get her way. It's horrible.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:32 PM
She is showing some jealousy over her new brother, even though he isn't born he is already taking away her mommy. Think about it from her perspective. You are getting things ready for baby, you aren't able to pick her up like she's used to, and you are probably getting to the point you are tired and don't interact with her like you used to. Try involving her in things for the baby(like folding clothes), reassure her she is special and baby won't replace her. Give it time it will get better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1.hot.mama2005
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:18 PM

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

She is showing some jealousy over her new brother, even though he isn't born he is already taking away her mommy. Think about it from her perspective. You are getting things ready for baby, you aren't able to pick her up like she's used to, and you are probably getting to the point you are tired and don't interact with her like you used to. Try involving her in things for the baby(like folding clothes), reassure her she is special and baby won't replace her. Give it time it will get better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Openeyemom
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Quoting 1.hot.mama2005:

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:20 PM

i'm not sure. hope she gets better for you.

lovealot0587
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 2:56 AM
I'm not too sure.... I hope it gets better soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mishamama
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 3:02 AM

I was going through the same thing with dd1 prior to giving birth to dd2. She also regressed from potty training and started to act out. Two months later after giving birth I am happy to say the jealousy issue has gotten better, but still having a hard time getting her back on track with potty training. Alot of incouragement and attention should go to her and most off all be patient mama things will get better! Goodluck! hugs

tyanneS
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 6:54 AM
Try making special time for her!! Sit down and let her sit in ur lap so you can hold her. Play with her. Do crafts. Get her involved with the baby stuff. Spend as much time with her as you can. Once baby comes it will be hard to spend time with her and you want her to be secure with your relationship.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lynnie81
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 7:20 AM
I agree, its jealousy. Buy her a baby doll and play "mommy" with her. Feed it, change diapers do nap time. It will help her be a good big sister and she will feel included again. My dd was the same way at first but the doll really helped her get ready for her baby brother. Have her talk to your tummy and feel the baby kick too, it will help make it real for her and she will feel included. If you can afford it, but her a small toy when you go baby shopping. All if the little things help to make her feel included and special. Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)