Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My baby won't sleep help!!

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:35 PM
  • 10 Replies
Ok so my son is 3 weeks old and he sleeps really hood during the day but when it's actual bed time he wants to keep me up till 9:30!! What can I do?? I need major advice please
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kelton_93
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:35 PM
I meant good not hood p

Quoting Kelton_93:

Ok so my son is 3 weeks old and he sleeps really hood during the day but when it's actual bed time he wants to keep me up till 9:30!! What can I do?? I need major advice please

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet.lil.mama
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:37 PM
My son was up every 3 hrs thruout the day and night til 2 months old. Newborns need to eat often.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kelton_93
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:38 PM
Yeah but it's not every 3 hours it is awake till 9:30 in the morning
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
B-FigNewton
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Try to stimulate him more during the day to keep him awake for longer periods of time. He should start sleeping better during the night within a few days.

RaLALA
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:57 PM
Try to keep him up during the day more. But newborns need to be up every 2-3 hours to eat. DD is 4 weeks. As soon as you stop expecting to sleep, you'll be happy for whatever naps you get. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liebevoll_mami
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:00 PM

nap when he does. stimulation during the day. try keeping him up longer. he has his days and nights mixed up. 

Ashloviee
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:58 PM

Show him bright, stimulating colors during the day and try to stretch the times between naps. When my son was a baby he wouldn't sleep at all unless he was in his infant seat, everything else was too big for him and scared him. Maybe talk to his doctor and see if it's okay to put him in a bouncy seat or car seat.

.Angelica.
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:59 PM

This. It's very common for babies to have their sleep schedules backwards. you just have to slowly change that. He'll get it eventually.

Quoting B-FigNewton:

Try to stimulate him more during the day to keep him awake for longer periods of time. He should start sleeping better during the night within a few days.

bch.16
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:45 PM

BUMP!

angelica11
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:23 PM

you should try putting background noise. he's barely 3 weeks old and loud, swishing noise reminds him of being inside the womb and it'll calm him down and most likely go to sleep. turn on a fan, make a shushing noise while cradling him, turn on a hair dryer. i have this little radio thing, that has different noise settings. it has rain, ocean, heartbeat, and lullabies. my son is now 10 months and he still falls asleep with the lullibies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)