Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

X-mas present for my 4 1/2 year old daughter?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:38 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have seen a few comercials for the innotab from vtech. She sees it and wants it of course but she wants everything! But I love tech things for my child cuz it teaches her things and its great for on the road. I don't plan on spending alot of money on her. This is $80. It would be the most expensive gift she gets. Does anybody have this for their child and was it wortht he money? As in does you child actually play with it and enjoy it? Thanks!

Lilypie - (LrYR)

Lilypie - (ButE)

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sxymomma20
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:47 PM

No we didnt get my 4 yr old that  so idk know nothing about it

Jessica181989
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 10:38 AM

bump!

Jdsmith1706
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 11:01 AM
I plan on getting it for my 5 yr old. He has a Leapster explorer and the innotab is amazing. They can color, read books, play games and it takes an SD card so u can download movies onto it and they can watch those. It also comes with an mp3 player on it if she likes music. It comes with 3 games on it and when u register it online you get 2 more. If you get the games online they are like $5 instead of the $20 something bundles in the store. It's a great gift if you have a tech smart child like mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessica181989
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 11:04 AM

Yes this is all reasons I love it! My daugther got the leapster explorer last year for xmas. She loves that thing too but the innotab does sooooo much more! And shes always playing games and listening to music on my ipod touch so this would be like and ipod touch for her! lol Then I wouldnt have to worry about her breaking my ipod and I have a touch screen smart phone and shes always finding stuff on there and playing games so I figured this would be PERFECT!

Quoting Jdsmith1706:

I plan on getting it for my 5 yr old. He has a Leapster explorer and the innotab is amazing. They can color, read books, play games and it takes an SD card so u can download movies onto it and they can watch those. It also comes with an mp3 player on it if she likes music. It comes with 3 games on it and when u register it online you get 2 more. If you get the games online they are like $5 instead of the $20 something bundles in the store. It's a great gift if you have a tech smart child like mine.

Lilypie - (LrYR)

Lilypie - (ButE)

1.hot.mama2005
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 11:10 AM
Not me. Here's a bump! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jdsmith1706
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 11:14 AM
The screen has been called pb&j proof and it doesn't require a stylus like the Leapster. It's like an iPad for kids so it was a great new tech toy. I like the SD card feature so if you have a bunch of games, or if they like to watch a lot of movies then you can put them on there. I like that its cheaper then the leappad, although the only reason I would want it over the innotab is that the explorer games would work on it, but his still works just fine, and that it has a camera and a video recorder on it. But for $100 it just doesn't seem worth it.

Quoting Jessica181989:

Yes this is all reasons I love it! My daugther got the leapster explorer last year for xmas. She loves that thing too but the innotab does sooooo much more! And shes always playing games and listening to music on my ipod touch so this would be like and ipod touch for her! lol Then I wouldnt have to worry about her breaking my ipod and I have a touch screen smart phone and shes always finding stuff on there and playing games so I figured this would be PERFECT!

Quoting Jdsmith1706:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessica181989
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I just watched a video on youtube of teh innotab vs the leappad and he opened up the art app of it and drew some stuff and the innotab did way better leappad took a little longer to registar he said he would recommend the innotab. And with the price difference I agree with the innotab! I just seen on toysrus.com they have it for $80 with the case! So you basically get the case for free!

Quoting Jdsmith1706:

The screen has been called pb&j proof and it doesn't require a stylus like the Leapster. It's like an iPad for kids so it was a great new tech toy. I like the SD card feature so if you have a bunch of games, or if they like to watch a lot of movies then you can put them on there. I like that its cheaper then the leappad, although the only reason I would want it over the innotab is that the explorer games would work on it, but his still works just fine, and that it has a camera and a video recorder on it. But for $100 it just doesn't seem worth it.

Quoting Jessica181989:

Quoting Jdsmith1706:

Lilypie - (LrYR)

Lilypie - (ButE)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)