Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just need to vent -__-

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:20 PM
  • 4 Replies
hey, me and my boyfriend (the father of the baby) are having a babygirl. and with everyone knowing, there are some people i'm friends with out of no where think they will be the godparent of my child.
I know I don't talk to my one god mother cause my mom and her lost touch and now they talk but I never see her, which is fine. and my other godmother I never see. but me and my godfather have an amazing relationship. and I have a godson and we have an amazing relationship. like they go a little further then if it was someone elses. you know?
and I know friends I know for awhile who are like its my godchild. or whats the sex of my godchild or it better be my godchild. or how's my godchild. and i'm like I don't even wanna think of that yet. and it pisses me off so I know I wont choice em' just cause you should expect that. I know I want someone who will be in my child life and who just doesn't wanna say i'm a godparents. cause those people are barely there for me when I truly need it. and why give it to someone I know that expects it and is like better give it to me.
what would you do did someone did that to you?
cause its pissing me off now that all these people expect just cause I knew them so long. and yet now i'm pregnant and in high school barely talk to me beside school. I do have a few friends do talk to me out but stills I find it quite rude in away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
BabyKevin2012
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 11:22 AM
I would say listen to your heart,you know how will be a good God parent.I picked one of my good friends of 10+ years just because and we are sooooooo different in parenting styles that if something were to happen to me I'm not sure I'd want him to take care of my son.So pick who u think is best and that's all u can do only time will tell but definately don't go off that we been friends so long and I know its my Godchild thing.And also don't let anyone tell u how many or of wat sex they need to be. My son has two God fathers and that's it!Not giving him a God mother jus because people say he needs one.Your her mother its you and your boyfriend decision in the end. GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baylynnsmama
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:07 PM
I say don't make them the god parents then. I had people do that to me that I wasn't even friends with... its about you and your baby and who you would feel safest with your baby going to if something were to happen to you.
Shy_Dia
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 4:51 PM

i agree with listen to your heart.

apparently, i have a godmother- but i havent seen her since i was like... 5 maybe. i dont have any memory from 9 and younger- so i cant be sure. but i'm 23 now and from 9-23, i've never talked, seen or heard about my godmother.

DS doesnt have a godmother either. i jsut never deemed it to be that important.. plus the people in my life- either they are family, or they arent responsible enough for that title.

star33
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 7:25 PM

i would say that is a very important role in my child's life & we haven't made that decision yet.we'll let u know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)