Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Breastfeeding

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 11:47 AM
  • 8 Replies

I didnt get to breastfeed with my daughter because I was too sick after the csection, but I want to do it this time around. Some people have reccomended a peer counselor. Is that neccesary? :)

by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Liebevoll_mami
by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 11:49 AM

idk about a peer counselor but i'm here if you wanna talk....and i know of a female (one of my closest friends) who knows alot about breastfeeding and overcoming hurdles with it. 

.Angelica.
by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 12:09 PM

if you need the support, having a lactation consultant or something wouldn't hurt. breastfeeding can be hard for some at first and not having a good support team could hurt your chances if you are having trouble since it's so easy to give up.

1.hot.mama2005
by Esther on Jan. 4, 2012 at 12:17 PM
This. Also check out the breastfeeding support group.

Quoting .Angelica.:

if you need the support, having a lactation consultant or something wouldn't hurt. breastfeeding can be hard for some at first and not having a good support team could hurt your chances if you are having trouble since it's so easy to give up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JayBearsmomma
by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 11:40 PM
I think there is enough info on this site as well as the breastfeeding group, but if u would feel comfortable with one then go for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loveONEanothr
by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never heard of a peer counselor, but it sounds pricey lol :) I wanted to breastfeed too, but I was never told how much work it is. I didn't know that you have to feed them constantly or you don't make enough milk. I also didn't have very much support or information. I would reccomend you get someone to cheer you on and be there for you when it gets painful or frustrating. If you haven't heard of the ever so famous La Leche League, you may be interested in them. They have groups all throughout the country specifically for breastfeeding support. Best of luck to you :)

MOMMY2ACR
by on Jan. 5, 2012 at 12:25 AM
I kind of want to have another baby soon just so I can succeed at breastfeeding. I never actually breastfed my daughter just pumped for about 8 weeks. But she had terrible tummy aches and I did zero research on breastfeeding while I was pregnant so I gave up and put her on soy formula.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
B-FigNewton
by on Jan. 5, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Quoting .Angelica.:

piwife
by on Jan. 5, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Hello. Am a certfied breastfeeding counselor and I have breastfeed before. And like others have said join the breastfeeding moms group
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)