• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! I have a jealous toddler and we're expecting.

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:18 PM
  • 6 Replies
I'm a momma of one, hopefully soon to be two. Our little boy is very kind hearted, well behaved and loves babies...as long as I'M not the one holding the baby. He plays great next to other kids his age, loves to share, and is very soft with the little bities but the second I've got any one but him in my arms he has a complete melt down. I've tried helping him get used to it by giving him his own baby, but being a boy he just doesn't really go for dolls. Any ideas on how to get him ready for a new baby in the house?
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
soon2bemama2008
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:48 PM
How old is he?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HoltomHoney
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:51 PM
He's Two
bluebunbun
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Well my dd.was like that they are 23 months apart she loved him more then me lol....tell him often there is a baby in your belly and get him big brother things
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soon2bemama2008
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:54 PM
My girls are 27 months apart and she was very loving and stuff before I had her sister and than I had her and it went all down hill than when she could start crawling and stuff it got better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tangosierra44
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Children can be like jealous boyfriends/girlfriends. Involve him with the boby. Reassure him that he is still and will always be your big boy, When you hold the baby, let him sit with you. Would he like to hold the baby, hold the baby's bottle, zip the sleeper? Have him show the baby the picture he drew, his favorite things etc. He will feel needed and important and will get the idea that he is still important to you and that you're not forgetting him or trading him.

dsnymommy
by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 3:39 PM

My daughter will 3, 2 weeks before my due date. ive been reading her books about being a big sister, watching friends younger kids and having her help. telling her everyday that sometime mommy will have to do things for brother , and ill have time to help her too. i stopped carrying her and asked everyone else to. she took some adjusting but she seems very very ready. we will just have to see

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)